[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW community

HRW community

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

HRW community

Postby Dangermouse » Thu May 30, 2013 5:28 am

David's post about his new job gave me cause to reflect on how much I enjoy the community that is HRW.

I log in each morning whilst eating my breakfast and come back at night to see what has happened each day whilst I am at work. With the time difference there are usually a good number of posts for me to catch up on. I even sigh when the little table says no new posts, I have read posts about Tater-tots and new jobs and graduation and cars and projects and tracks and cars :D I have enjoyed some inspiring builds of tracks and cars and ideas and projects that I would like to do and others that I will probably never do but enjoyed that someone has shared their passion and appreciated the workmanship involved.

David's post this morning had me thinking this place is like the shed, the school yard, the photocopier or wherever it is we gather with some mates to chat about whatever it is on our minds.

I really value the welcoming manner of the folk on here, I enjoy sharing in a snippet of the lives of a bunch of people whom I have never met but because of a common interest in slot cars I find my self hanging out with (virtually) on HRW.

I really value the chance to share stories and chat about slot cars but also about other things as well.

So thanks one and all for letting me be part of this community, it is a great place to hang out,it provides this slot tragic with some well needed balance in his life.

Cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: HRW community

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 30, 2013 6:05 am

I am glad you like it here. :)

Old HRW is not perfect, but we try to make a decent place to hang out.

Most of you hardcore slotters know it gets a little slow around this time of year. But for me it is time for projects. So the new releases and news is a little slow but other fun stuff is going on, just not as fast :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 am

David,

As I sit down for breakfast this morning and see your post at the top of the portal, I too have to reflect upon how good we have it here.

While we may have come to HRW to talk about our favorite hobby, it always seems that the camaraderie is what keeps people coming back. I have made some of my best friends right here. I have now raced on tracks in different states I never would have known about without the forum and the great folks on it.

Need something? Someone is always willing to send it. Don't know how to do something? Someone will show you how. Having a problem with life? Someone will always come alongside you to encourage you.

That's the spirit of HRW and I'm really happy to see that after all these years it still marches on. I for one am very glad you and our other members are here to participate not only in our hobby but in life itself.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu May 30, 2013 6:32 am

Yeah, David, it's a community where distance doesn't matter much. Harry and I are about 400 miles apart, but we've been neighbors for almost 10 years thanks to this site. When somebody posts pictures and explains their project, it's like grabbing a beer and walking over to the neighbor's house to see what's happening in his garage. And when we finally do get a chance to meet face-to-face, it's like seeing old friends again.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby hoganracing » Thu May 30, 2013 7:08 am

David (Dangermouse),

Thanks for posting what many of us feel about HRW. I've met a few folks from here face to face, but feel like I know a whole bunch of people I've never met.

Thanks Harry, and everyone else who makes this the fine place it is.

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby RazorJon » Thu May 30, 2013 8:32 am

A great place to hang out in your underwear :banana-rock:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Ember » Thu May 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Who are the outsiders? I thought you were the ringleader? Or is that Pied Piper? Lady in Red?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby sixtiesracer » Thu May 30, 2013 6:57 pm

We are truly a "Band of Brothers" &"Sisters". :clap: :clap: :clap:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm

If the truth was known about how many times one of us has had trouble, and one of the HRW folks stepped up to be supportive behind the scenes... you just wouldn't believe how often it happens. Brings tears to my eyes. Good folks here.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby munter » Thu May 30, 2013 10:00 pm

...and they say facebook is a social network.

I'm a newby here but have already detected a warmth and closeness.

Thanks from another hanger on.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm

I only joined HRW for about 2 months. Months before that I made it my homepage, instead of the college where I teach. I check in every night and much time following all the posts I rarely even use my Direct TV service anymore. I hooked the laptop up to my big flat screen, and with the help of a wireless mouse and keyboard, relax in my recliner and spend the evening with good people who are as addicted to slot cars as I've been for decades.

Before HRW I'd convinced myself I have enough cars (around 100) and stopped building new ones. Now I have about 15 new projects going or planned and am patronizing the suppliers others recommend. HRW probaby does as much to keep this hobby growing as anyone.

Thanks to all of you.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Slothead - ditto to what Jeremy said - glad to have you aboard!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 am

The cars are part of the attraction to this wonderful place, but it's the people who keep me coming back. As many of you know my beloved wife passed away about 2 months ago, and the people here were there to help me through a very difficult time, even giving up their time to talk on the phone, or offering help in any form. I truly cherish the people here. Thank you very much. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge