[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Guess what I get tomorrow night?!?!

Guess what I get tomorrow night?!?!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Guess what I get tomorrow night?!?!

Postby dreinecke » Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Not THAT! Well, maybe THAT later, but who knows?

Tater-Tot Casserole!!! Woohoo! Wife saw me on HRW and told me we were having that tomorrow night.

I'm a happy boy!

Crap. Now I have to starve myself for the next 24 hours. :evil:
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Guess what I get tomorrow night?!?!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 27, 2013 8:04 pm

hehehe, sounds good to me too.

We will have that for your visit as well.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dangermouse » Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 am

I was about to say you are not supposed skite about that....

I think we call Tater-tots - Potato Gems - I think the kids would love a Tater-tot casserole :)

Sounds a bit like what we would call Shepherds Pie (maybe you have that as well???)
Ground beef with whatever veggies you want, gravy and then mashed potatoe with cheese on top
cheers
DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Abarth Mike » Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 am

Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 am

Sometimes I think I must be the only one in te world that doesn't like chips/fries. Not a huge potato fan anyway, but those things pictured above, not my preferred way to eat 'em. 'Tato Gems/Pomme though... Yup. Silly, isn't it.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 am

I love Sheppards and Cottage Pie - preferably with a nice dark ale!

And if the General is making it, I WILL be there!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Ah! I'm as full as a tick on a hound. Fabulous!!! Can't wait for the leftovers tomorrow! Good thing I worked out today!

Excuse me, does this casserole make my butt look big?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue May 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Shepherd's pie is a favorite with my wife's people. I hated it in school lunches in the 50s, and I am not thrilled with it now. When my in-laws died off I was actually relieved I didn't have to make it for them anymore. I don't think I ever came across a Cottage pie. Does it have a stone walkway and a round top door?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby GENERAL MY WAY » Tue May 28, 2013 9:16 pm

I am glad you got to enjoy it at home as well as here. :D
GENERAL MY WAY

Postby Dangermouse » Wed May 29, 2013 3:39 am

"Tut..Tut.. Shepherds look after what animals? " :LOL:

In New Zealand maybe - here we have dogs that look after sheep :) no shepherds

Anyway since I was a little tot Shepherd's Pie has been made on beef...maybe mum could get us to eat lamb?? (I still don't.. accept maybe in a beef and lamb kebab)
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/mu ... L3360.html

I always thought of Cottage Pies as a meat pie with potato on top - so it had a pastry base with meat (minced or chunky) and then potato on top

Do folks eat meat pies in USA? I know when I was there a few years back we couldn't find one until we made our way across the border to Canada.

cheers
DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Wed May 29, 2013 6:11 am

There are probably a few meat pies here. I think they are called pot pies in a variety of beef, chicken, and turkey. Quite tasty if homemade. Not a fan of the frozen type. The US is mostly a burger, fries, and good bbq and potato salad country, and steak of course. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby DAVE » Wed May 29, 2013 4:15 pm

And I thought tater tots were just for throwing.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 pm

...especially when frozen ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge