[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Bar-B-Que Questions Revisited

Bar-B-Que Questions Revisited

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Bar-B-Que Questions Revisited

Postby azlj » Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for posting this again, but I couldn't find my original thread...

I finally got an offset smoker (Char-broil 1280). I know a while back several folks posted modifications to make the smoker better. I can't find that thread (maybe on the old forums) so can ya'll give me a hand and post those mods again?

Also, any suggestions on a recipe for a first attempt at using the smoker?

Thanks!!
azlj

Re: Bar-B-Que Questions Revisited

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 26, 2013 3:17 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Also for your grill, use some tin foil and fold it over the seams where the lids rest.

It acts like a gasket and help hold in the smoke.

Your FIRST step is to grab a 1/2 pound or so of cheap hamburger. Mix it up with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder. Make a good sized fire and throw that on there.

Cook it all the way, letting the grease come out and roll it around over the grill plates. Cast iron on that model are they?

You are prepping or "seasoning" this grill. You are burning off all the preservative that comes from the factory.

Do this first, then your next time your grill will be ready. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Yep. Exactly right. I forgot it was brand new.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby azlj » Sun May 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks guys!!

Off to steal a cookie sheet!!!
azlj

Postby Ember » Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 pm

I seriously have to stop dropping in here while eating breakfast. I had been wondering if I could find room in the yard for a woodfired oven (gas just doesn't do decent justice to baking bread). Now I need room for a smoker too. Hmmmmm..... Can't lose my mulberry tree. Looks like His Lordship will just have to park the 4x4 on the street.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey Embs! Look into wood fired ovens on this site. Interesting ideas, and I already figured out a way to smoke multiple large cuts in one.

http://gizmodo.com/5346279/how-to-build ... r-backyard

There are lots of links to chase down in this site. Have fun.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Sun May 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Cool. I'd like to go a bit further than those. Actually, local brickmaker does a kit. Or I could dip into my kiln & furnace design books. :)

Then again, His Lordship would probably whinge about having to get wood to feed it.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Remind him that everyone wins when a new grill/smoker/pit is built.

The great meals he can have is worth a few trips to the wood pile :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Sun May 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Hey, I agree. Perhaps I can send him to you guys for some training.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge