[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Start of a great weekend

Start of a great weekend

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Start of a great weekend

Postby bkrownd » Sun May 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Been cutting ginger and other weeds in the cloudforest.

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Reminds me of my years in Venezuela in the Northern Range of the Andes, above Bahia de Cata. I got a chance to get away for a day to Bahia de Cata itself and body surf until I could barely walk. The next day, back to work, but it was all worth it. The Cloud Forest in the Northern Range doesn't have nearly as much variety as your spot does in the lower canopy. We had ferns about 3-4 feet high, then nothing but tree trunks for 80 feet, where the trees began to branch into the upper canopy. I'll never forget sleeping in the ruins of a little shrine to someone who died on the one road through there. There was just enough room for my head, shoulders and butt, with my legs and arms sticking out. The people I met there and the time in the Cloud Forest are among my very best memories. I was there with a missionary team to help rescue swept away villages after a horrible landslide.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bkrownd » Sun May 26, 2013 4:07 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 26, 2013 5:04 pm

So where are you?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bkrownd » Sun May 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Ah, I guess I don't have my location in my profile here. East Hawai'i. (fixed it...)
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge