Have a great weekend! TGIF

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Have a great weekend! TGIF

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 am

Hope all of you have some fun plans for the longer weekend.

Memorial Day weekend is a special one for us and this year looks to be a nice one.

Have some nice slot cars to play with and a great family to spend time with. Some of us are not as fortunate. I thank all who have served and continue to.

:flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa:

Starting on a new 1/32 Zippertop and hopefully get close to finishing my 1/25 Sedan project.

Have fun and be safe please :handgestures-thumbupleft:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Have a great weekend! TGIF

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 24, 2013 7:42 am

I want to thank those who have and are serving! Thank you for your sacrifice.

Christopher graduates this morning with his BS in Physics from the University of Colorado.
Victoria graduates this afternoon from Lewis-Palmer H.S.

Both have had an amazing run in school thus far - I can tell you that it wasn't always easy, but it was worth it! I only brag about two things in life, and it is them.

Picked up Wendy's mom at the airport last night and have a full day of the festivities. Have some plans to get into the basement on Saturday to start getting my projects sorted and hope to get in some serious laps. Then we are having a BBQ with family to celebrate on Sunday.

Sadly, I actually have to work on Monday - as a consultant, you don't get holidays or vacation off unless you eat them. So, since today is out, Monday is now in. Bummer, but I'm thankful that I have a good job! I will be wearing shorts and a red/white/blue shirt though, so at least I'll be in spirit lol!

Oh! And I do have an interview on Wednesday for a permanent position at the current place, so I'll be doing a little studying this weekend too.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby moparjenny » Fri May 24, 2013 7:48 am

Thanks to those of you who have served for the country. :)

This weekend, Zagato and I will be traveling home, and I believe a trip to the Indy 500 is in the schedule, too.
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri May 24, 2013 8:10 am

As one who has served, I applaud those that are serving us now. There is a bunch of sacrifice on the part of those that are serving us now. Many of our troops spend the majority of their time in a foreign land. Thank you very much.

Yes, it shall be a good weekend. This morning it's off to DeBary Glen to spend some time playing, err I mean doing some pseudo-scientific testing of some of my latest tuning attempts. Regardless of whether it's good or not so good, it's still FUN!

This weekend I get to run my entry in the "Crystal Case Cover Proxy" and see if it will work as hoped for. It should and I hope I can write a glowing report of just how well it does.

Everyone, have a super weekend. Remember that it's not National BBQ Weekend, but a weekend of rememberence for those who have given all so we could enjoy the freedom we have here in this wonderful country. Freedom is not free, but paid for by personal sacrifice of our men and women in our military forces.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby RazorJon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:48 am

thanks to my brothers and sisters in harms way, you are all hero's in my book

Army 82-90
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby goosenapper » Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 am

Following the speediest ever shipping from topslotsntrains, these fellas arrived today:

I'm looking forward to turning laps with the Lancia and seeing how it stacks up against the Porsche. The Porsche sports an NC-14 against the Lancia's NC-9, and it looks to have soft suspension in the front and mediums in the back, compared to the Lancia's mediums all around. If necessary, I've an extra NC-9 that I recently yanked out of a Classic that will go in it. However it all ends up, I'm looking forward to turning laps with these cars.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 26, 2013 9:57 pm

That Stratos is a looker!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge