Real-life Ninco Classic

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Real-life Ninco Classic

Postby goosenapper » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 am

So I was driving during my lunch break on Friday, and almost cracked-up. There in a not-so-great neighborhood in Lancaster, PA was something that I certainly wasn't anticipating seeing parked curbside. Could it be an XK 120? I hurried home, grabbed my camera, and headed back to get some shots. I was close, as it turned out to be a beat-up Jaguar XK 140. It obviously had de-slotted and lost some of the detail parts, but whose Ninco hasn't at one point? :wink:

Sure, I've seen these Jags in much better shape at car shows. I've even seen a Porsche 550, what looked like a Lotus 7, and MG's and Austin Healey's galore driving on the roads of Lancaster, but to see one of these Jags in the wild, and one that is obviously not a show car but a driver, that was just special.

Here are the pictures that I took. I wish I would have gotten better angles, but it was lunchtime in the city and I was dodging traffic.

Of course, if this really was a Ninco, taking in to account the scale that they made theirs at, it would have been twice as wide and fourteen feet long! :lol:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Real-life Ninco Classic

Postby HutchTrickStar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:14 pm

I like seeing that more than a perfect show car. Somebody is driving it and getting to know it. I would if I could take my eyes off of the patina long enough to hit the road.

I work down the road in Chester County. I'm amazed at the amount of classic cars in that area getting driven.
HutchTrickStar

Postby dreinecke » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Needs some TLC, but I'd take it in a heartbeat! Great looking machine!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 am

I like the classic British sports cars like this. You don't see many of them being driven around like a regular car much. I knew someone who drove an MGA everyday years ago. I was around 12-13 years old, so it's been quite a while. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby goosenapper » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 am

There must be something in the water around these parts that is causing owners to bring these cars out lately. I passed a red Austin Healey Sprite on my way in to work this morning. Seeing as how the temperature was in the fifties and that car had no top, the owner must have really been in the mood to take that one to work today!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge