[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ozark Mountain Race Day Report

Ozark Mountain Race Day Report

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Ozark Mountain Race Day Report

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Had a shortened trip but it was all fun just the same. Jim's track is a fantastic place to enjoy these models and I really enjoy racing on it.

Had to pack the mandatory selections outlined in the OMFG rulebook.

Goes to show you don't need a really large track to have fun. He has worked very hard on it in the scenery areas and it is really looking good!

Nice detail on the fences and stand. Old Ninco tires pianted up makes fine detail.

JesIV sent him some great photos for the man cave wall.

Had to start things out right. Ninco conversions with MT motors that have that great classic feel.

Test driving Jim's cool ride, I managed to "test" the hay bales. "Hayseed Corner" it is now named :)

Here I am AGAIN in the hay. Apparently, SOMEBODY was gunning for me. Perhaps it has to do with the lifetime supply of Dum Dums?

In the other room is the Pete Stanley Memorial Speedway. Jim finished out this track in great fashion and it is a blast.

Classic H&R NASCAR action. This was a good slot fight.

Back to the road course for some Slot.it action. The re-motored cars are a perfect match for this track.

Pioneer and my custom Lee Wright Camaro. This was another close race!

Ended the day right :)

Thanks Jim for a great race day. Wish mother nature allowed a longer one!

But still a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again soon. :banana-rock:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Ozark Mountain Race Day Report

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 pm

You are killing me. I'd completely forgotten Jim had the PSMS oval in addition to his already gorgeous road course. What a great venue!

Jim, tell your lovely bride the blue really does the track good! It really brings that back stretch to life now. I'm also a HUGE fan of your fences! The oval is looking great as well.

Looks like no one had a good time though...I only see a few pictures...not even any of the rumored chili...must not have happened ;)

As for Harry's driving: I've said it before and I'll say it again - he's full of it. He sandbags and then toasts you when you least expect it. I had my fanny handed to me by him at his place. Just don't let that idiot from Tennessee that drives a purple Charger on it...nothing will survive! ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HRWJim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Had a great time Harry, it is too bad it was cut short. Thanks for making the trip in bad weather. Thanks for the compliments David. I'm making progress, going to try to take a few days off and hit it hard and also finish a few builds before my next trip to Harry's. Believe me I know about his sandbagging more than once I thought I was doing well until he started pushing. Especially on the oval. BTW Martin the case is very cool! I want one and James your photography looks great in the room. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Looks like a great time was shared by all!!
Jim your tracks are looking great!
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:54 pm

The road course looks great. Nice racing lines and detailing. :handgestures-thumbupright:
I sure wish I wasn't one thousand miles away, because those cars are kind I enjoy running too.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks guys. I wish more people lived closer too. I always fun to have someone over to race and talk slots. Thank goodness we have HRW or I'd go nuts. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Jim, the track is looking great! I really like everything you have done with it. Looks like you guys had a great time, I'm stealing the Ninco Vette picture for my new screensaver!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Too Cool! I can't wait to get some track time on these tracks. You said the Slot.it Group C's were re-motored, I presume this was done with the MT/1?? I've put the motor in the classic line from Slot.It and NSR but haven't tried it with the GR.C cars.

The track scenery and decor are top notch, keep it up.

Glad to see the photo's making their way to the wall, you've got at least two more coming to complete our trade. Hopefully I'll be able to hand deliver them.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm

James, I used the HAWK 18K in them. Takes that punch out, and still quick. Easier control on tracks like Jim's and my own.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWJim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Lee and James thanks for the compliments In hope you both come to visit sometime. James the group c cars were sweet. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:52 pm

JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I think you would like it. Seems a lot of clubs are.

Basically a Fly/Scalextric drop in replacement. Good braking/acceleration. Double shafted to fit a lot of applications.

Been using it here for a couple years. Mostly used for our 1/25 Jalopy class, but then started to drop it into old Flys that were worn out.

I tried it in these and they seem to hit that "sweet spot" for my taste.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:45 pm

These really are both lovely tracks.Good to race on(I'd guess), with enough scenery to make for good photographs as well.

I took Harry's advice on the Hawk motors for my street rods on H&R chassis - transformed them.

I guess it's a matter of whether you like to be able to see your cars when they're moving.High-revving motors may be fine on big commercial tracks, but on home-sized tracks,I fear they just spoil your enjoyment(That's just my personal view,obviously).

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks David, the road course needs more cleaning and more work but it is fun. I really like the hawk motors for my size track, you just can't beat em'. The great part is with an adjustable power supply you can get more speed if you need it. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Ok, based on those pics, I'd say Jake has earned his supply of Dum-Dums (and his dentist can thank me with a little kick back :lol: )

On a more serious note Jim, if you and Harry can make some time in late Oct.-early Nov., I'd sure would like to make another trip out to the state of Misery and visit you and the Boss. Perhaps we can get some of the other guys like the Doc and Lee as well?
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge