[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Movie American Graffiti

Movie American Graffiti

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Movie American Graffiti

Postby baford1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 am

I watched American Graffiti last night on video for what seemed liked the 100th time maybe more its the type of move which to me is a feel good movie that takes you
back to when you were much younger , I remember seeing it for the first time when it came out at the picture theatre so many years ago , the cars , characters & music in the movie
to me makes it a classic even though at the time it was a very low budget movie especially compared with todays standards to me its still a classic like Le Mans & Redline 7000 etc , I am sure that there are many people out there who have seen it & can probably remember when they seen it the first time

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Movie American Graffiti

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 am

Living in VERY rural Midwest, I actually had the album before I saw the movie. I was a little guy when it was released and just not a movie I was going to get to see.

I have it and watch it from time to time. That one and Hollywood Knights!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby baford1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:11 am

Hollwood Knights a movie that I have only seen a couple of times still trying to get it on DVD , I do remember the Yellow 57 Chev in it though the 1 from Popular Hot Rodding Magazine Project X

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am

And it has one of Kurt's favorite actors...Tony Danza :)

Amazing that guy never won an Oscar.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 am

This punch has a kinda whang to it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

American Graffiti is my all time favourite movie of all time. Im actually building an American Graff inspired slotcar track. Ill get a thread happening on it soon.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 pm

American Graffiti is also in my top 3. "Ain't he neat?"

When we went to Germany for the second time in 1980, my dad's co-worker purchased a laserdisc player with 2 movies: Star Wars and American Graffiti. I watched them over and over. AG was obviously a cure for my American car fix in Europe. Simply a fantastic movie.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:30 pm

I've been meaning to watch it. Honest. It's on the list.

I was wondering if you'd gotten any further than the cabinet for that track of yours Greg. Looking forward to seeing how the idea goes.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:22 am

MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Actually, the only way I can watch 2-lane Blacktop is with the sound off during ANY dialog. Good night, who wrote this drivel? The cars though...oh baby!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby baford1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Great picture at top of Bench Racers Lounge & also did you know that the Black 55 in American Graffiti is the same car as in 2 lane blacktop

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:46 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby moparjenny » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:11 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Next