Movie American Graffiti

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Movie American Graffiti

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 am

Jenny - Yep!

BTW - I know I have said this before, but back in the mid 1980's a guy bought both the deuce coupe and '55 from the studio and restored them. It was a great article and talked about the '55 being used in 2-Lane. The car was pretty heavily built with a 427 and a tunnel ram for the 2-Lane movie and then tamed with a 454 single carb for AG if I remember correctly.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 am

How about a picture of the Pie Wagon. That really was my favorite.

Also, I remember that period when everybody in hot rod hobbies was trying to get the most massive powerplant possible into the front compartment. It was like they were trying to see if a wheelstand could smash the front suspension the first time out. It wasn't just huge conventional engines shoehorned in place, either. Remember the drag cars with Allison aircraft engines? I remember one maniac in Popular Hotrodding who joined two Allisons in a V and still managed to get the front end airborne. Ah, those were the days...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby slothead » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks for the movie links - I ended up watching all of 'The California Kid' rather than going to get breakfast.

Also, I have a new Mustang in storage waiting for spring to actually arrive and it's so quick and fun to drive I have to suppress the urge set a new personal speed record every outing. I'm driving from Maine to California this summer and had hopes of finding the ideal secluded place to hit the top end. I need to remember their could be a 'Sherrif Roy' out there waiting for me to make his day.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge