[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Racing sounds

Racing sounds

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Racing sounds

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm

I have had the Trackmate Lap counter/timer for two years now but until the other day I had never experimented much with the sounds available. I had set a short goby sound for fastest lap and a beep for laps counted. During races we normally turn off the fastest lap sound as we have found some drivers would get distracted listening for whether they had just set fastest lap during the race. So we normally just get a beep when each car crosses the sensors. The other day I was browsing through the different sound bits and found one of the goby files that lasted about 4 seconds, so I set it as the every lap sound. So far I have only experienced it with one car on the track but I am looking forward to how it sounds with four cars crossing at different times. It may turn out to be annoying like the steam sounds on a DCC rairoad layout but then again it may add something to the racing. I'll report back after our next race day.

In the mean time I'd like to see some input from the peanut gallery.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Racing sounds

Postby JimD » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:57 am

Bob,

One question and a comment or two...

Are the sound files in a wav format that I might find someplace so I could try them with my Carrera digital system? I am using Bruce's home brew software and the sounds are in a wav file.

My comment, what sort of lap times are you running and how many cars in a heat? We have noticed some problems with the sounds on because the computer seems to be more concerned with the playing of the sound file than reading the sensor or acting on a pit entry event. Our lap time are about 4 seconds or a bit less and with four cars or more in a heat it becomes a problem.

Track mate may not have this same issue, and I am NOT trying to say anything bad about the software from Bruce. I plan to run a few more tests to confirm my theory.

Jim
JimD

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 am

I use a very old track timer software (but I never turn it on anymore). It has several types of racing sound effects available with it, and I got tired of all of them after only a week or so. I will say, when I got new speakers for my computer in the house, I migrated the old ones out to the track and was amazed at how much improved the sound effects were with a subwoofer to back the little satellites up. I got tired of it all over again, though.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JimD » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I'll dig around a bit and see what I find and let you know.

Thanks,

Jim
JimD

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge