Squeezing a trigger

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Squeezing a trigger

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Hmmmm, I somehow think our race events would be much smaller if they knew that was in store for them :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:57 pm

On e-bay at Christmastime,I'm sure someone was offering a slot racing set where you had to generate your own electricity by squeezing the "controller".

Do you think the bicycles are linked to dynamos, or would it be a mechanical linkage?

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

That is exceptionally cool! The cyclists are riding "rollers." There are two rollers in the back with a small gap between for the rear wheel. A belt goes to the front roller. You have to balance as you ride. They are great training devices because they give a great cardio workout and teach you to ride smoothly and put all your power into the rear wheel. I am sure they are connected to a generator to power each lane. The faster you pedal, the faster your "rider" goes around the track. Don't forget, after soccer (football) bicycle racing is the most popular sport on earth. And, if you want to talk about fit athletes, bicycle racers are at the top of the heap. In fact it is so much fun all those motorcyclists longingly refer to their machines as "bikes".
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge