[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Stupid is as stupid does

Stupid is as stupid does

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Stupid is as stupid does

Postby ddyke » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm

I was removing an old internet line and cut a phone line reaching behind something. . . Spent an hour soldering the thing together while in an awkward position. The phone works - my wife stopped being mad.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Stupid is as stupid does

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:57 pm

It wasn't her business line was it?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ddyke » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Ahhh . . . ummmm . . . YES!
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ddyke » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:46 pm

She treats the dog better.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I've been that guy. I've done some stupid things in my time, so don't feel bad Dan. One of the best was falling off the ladder, and landing on the coin operated horse my wife had on the patio, yippee, ride 'em cowboy. I've never heard the end of that one. Still gets brought up now and then. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:42 am

"the coin operated horse my wife had on the patio"

That begs for a comment but since we have a real one that eats and makes fertilizer I'll leave well enough alone.

As for cutting things that shouldn't and awkward repair positions.....when I was installing stuff in my Grand Marquis I somehow cut the power lead to my Garmin (it wouldn't charge) and spent an interesting time upside down under the driver's side dash with a soldering pencil. Of course I was still better off than DDyke in that it was my car and didn't effect "she who must be obeyed". :shifty:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 am

I feel your pain...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Sure glad I don't do things like that!

:violin:

Yeah, right!

Perhaps it's time for a "What Stupid Stunts Have You Ever Done?"
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby DAVE » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm

If we beat ourselves up for doing stupid things, I would have been dead long ago.

Some stupid things I have done;

Not buying a Ferrari 250 GTO/64 for $4500 when I had the chance.

Selling my Ferrari 206 when I did. ( it sold again 5 years later for 100 times what I sold it for )

Not selling my Jaguar E-type for $75000 when it was offered.

Not marrying a Playboy bunny when I had the chance.

Not getting a GA license when I was younger.

Not buying Microsoft and Apple stocks when they went public.

Etc., etc., etc.........

So you see, you are just a rank amateur at doing stupid things.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:44 pm

My late Father had one he always groused about. When he retired from the Navy we moved back to Columbus , Ohio and he got a job downtown as an office manager for National Gypsum. Anyway he ate lunch at this fast food place quite a bit and got to know the owner who, in turn, asked my Dad to invest in his place, my Dad turned him down.......the guy was named Dave Thomas and he named the place after his daughter.......Wendy. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm

I know I'm going to hate this... Dave, was that 250 GTO in Nashville, TN, downtown on a used car lot, and was it a classic red? I test drove that car in 1969.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DAVE » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:03 pm

No. It was at a Ferrari Club meet at Emilio Tosi's near Grand Rapids, MI. It didn't sell there, but
about a month later Bob Bodine bought it and did a spectacular restoration on it. It sold two years
later for $1.4 million. I traced the SN, #5571, and it turned out to be the Targa Florio car. I wish
I had known that before it sold, but that is the way it goes sometimes.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge