[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Re: ALMS-Sebring

Re: ALMS-Sebring

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Postby moparjenny » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:28 am

I've been upset so far. Not because of the race itself but because of the availability of watching it.

Sure, you can watch it on TV for however long Speed actually airs it (thanks, NASCAR and Supercross). But I don't have a TV. If you go to the ALMS website, they won't let you stream it on their website unless you're outside the U.S. Speed.com shoots you to Speed2.com, and then you have to have a paid TV subscription to watch streaming on there -- IF your TV provider's even listed on there. Plus, Speed2 is only showing it during the last three hours of the race. About that...

So I've found a random website online to watch it in kinda poor quality, and it's showing what's on the Speed Channel right now. So then what do I do whenever they break away for NASCAR practice (seriously, practice when there's a race going on?!) and whenever they break away for Supercross?

Yargh.

But anyway...Forza Risi!
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby 4424ever » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 am

Welcome to my world, tons of racing advertised just to teaze me about what I can't watch. The only NHRA I get is race reviews,internet or live at Norwalk.
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 am

Found a link! http://justin.tv/dennislive1 (Thanks again, Berto!)
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Okay, here's the short version from my seat... McNish was screwed, I wish Panoz could get that damned Delta to work, and I hate that overexcited twerp who gets fired up over nothing time and time again (the Rupert Murdoch/Fox method of making something out of nothing).

One more thing... When did our boy Patrick Dempsey switch from Ferrari to Porsche?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Bought by Rupert Murdoch/Fox. Everything they touch gets trashier.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:40 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby moparjenny » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:54 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:28 am

"I wish the DeltaWing worked. I like that thing."

Sorry, Jenny, I guess I'm just an 'aged dispenser of methane gas' but the Deltawing makes me think of a Star Wars speeder bike from Scaley. It just isn't a "car".
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:34 am

It may look goofy, but I like its innovation. I'm all for the experimenting.
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 am

As usual, I'm with Jenny.

I remember how people reacted to the 6 wheel Tyrrell, March and Williams cars, And how all that was countered by remembering the Auto Union from the 1930's. This Delta Wing design has roots in Formula One, GT, and LMP cars. Its hard to remember it sometimes, but everything is an evolved form of something before.

But they are going to have to get serious about a dependable engine. The Elan engine (also made by one of Panoz companies), was 1.9L (120 cubic inches), and the previous engine was a Nissan at 1.6L (92c.i.), both were high revving lightweight turbocharged engines. Both delivered more than enough power for the weight they made in the car. The smaller of the two was more successful, so I suspect that the teething problems with new design suspension are done, they just plain blew an engine. I'm going to be watching this thing very carefully this season.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 am

Maybe if they painted all black and gave the driver a Darth Vader helmet........ :think:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:09 am

Wouldn't it be a hoot if that was a more aerodynamic shape!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby moparjenny » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 pm

But, Marty! There's no Darth Vader helmet on that driver's head!
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:55 pm

It was red at one time, too.

Nissan didn't spend money- they took it. Panoz had to pay for those engines.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge