[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Harry, My Wife Wants to Know . . . .

Harry, My Wife Wants to Know . . . .

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Harry, My Wife Wants to Know . . . .

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Harry,

We were really happy at DeBary Glen Raceways when we had just our Scalextric Sport track and were running mostly Slot.It cars. Then you started to extole the wonderfulness of racing on routed wood. So I went out and bought one, moved it in and I must confess that I truly do enjoy racing on this surface. When my wife asked me about the putchase, I simply told her, "Harry made me do it!"

All of a sudden you started running a lot of articles on the Monogram and Carrera Historic Stock Cars. You knew right where to aim, as when you showed those "Petty Blue" beauties, in both Carrera and Monogram, I caught the bug and just had to have a few of them. Well racing those stock cars just felt right on this new wooden track that we had. I know when my wife saw the invoice, she asked me about the purchase. Once again I simply answered, Harry made me do it."

Now I have some Carrera GT cars - same reasoning.

So, my wife would like you to fill her in on the next purchases that you will be causing me to get inspired about.

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: Harry, My Wife Wants to Know . . . .

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Hmmmm...

You have the reverse of my experience. Just today Harry mentioned chili and I mentioned it to my wife. She likes "false alarm" chili, I like three or four alarm chili. I was all set for some of my chili, and I had to make hers instead. I suspect we both need to avoid connecting the Harry influence to the females.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Hmmmm, hey at least I am not talking about TopSlots?

How about good old Slot.its? You need more right?

Rob, at least you made chili...you can always add a little heat.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby moparjenny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Well, if you buy one, then you can do a full review :)

I am shopping now...and just beat up my toy budget pretty badly. But as all of you know....they were cars "I needed".
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:10 pm

My ex wife was mumbling something about me not listening to her needs...I don't know exactly, I really wasn't paying attention.

Since I just camera shopped, CANON has some great ones for very decent prices.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HutchTrickStar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Now that you mention it, those Canon cameras are awesome. I bought my wife one a short while back and she hasn't 'noticed' any new slot cars or even guitars since.
HutchTrickStar

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Some of the perks of being single, not having to hide my slot car purchases, renting a place to set up the track without filling it with old clothes and a few more. But having said that I fully realize having a loving spouse outweighs those perks, but after the disaster of my one and only marriage and the trials and tribulations of having a couple of live in girl friends I sincerely doubt there will be another Mrs. Modlerbob in my future.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge