[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Digging out?

Digging out?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Digging out?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

Lotsa white stuff here, the nasty wet, heavy kind. It rained all night and the snow was on the ground when I got up. Its landing as pre-slush, and outside I hear trees cracking and limbs breaking off. But its still coming down, and we're around 4 inches by now. Dennis, (Leadfinger), called to say he is buried under the stuff on his farm, and the power went out around 9 this morning. He's feeding animals and trying not to sink out of sight right now. Around my place, its not safe to go outside there are so many trees that could drop limbs any second.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Digging out?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:42 am

Time to cook up some REAL chili. Not the sally stuff, the REAL stuff.

Keep us posted. Hang tough.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby moparjenny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Hang in there, Rob!
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby RazorJon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:34 pm

a nice pot of soup, and build some cars, sounds like mother nature gave you the day inside :dance:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm

The sun came out for a while and went back in the clouds, now its snowing again big time. That chili idea has gotten me thinking. Ya flung a cravin' on me! Its a cinch I'm not doing anything else to today.

Jenny, the school bus driver who lives down the road got out today and had to back up all the way down my street to his driveway. He could make the turn just past my place. The tracks he left were gone in about 15 minutes. Looking down the pipeline easement with binoculars there appears to be no traffic on Courthouse Road. We're socked in.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm

It went through here last night; this morning's official total was 7 inches...I know we got more (4' drifts outside all doors). I was going to get out the tractor to start moving snow with the front end loader ( the novelty has worn off for this season, now it's just a chore) then I listened to the forecast......mid 40s on Sat and mid 50s on Sun. So... shoveled a path to the barn and a path to the vehicles....we have an AWD Mountaineer and 4WD Silverado and will survive till the weekend.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Officially 9 inches here. I have an 8 horse snowthrower and it struggled. The two-stroke blowers
just couldn't hack it.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm happy to report that once again Florida missed out on all the snow y'all are having up north.

I've been checking on the snow situation here in Florida since 1974. Only twice now we have had any snow at all here in Central Florida. It would melt about 2 feet off the ground.

However I will continue to make sure y'all are aware of the fact that once again the blizzards have missed us!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dge467 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:10 pm

After the 27 inches from a storm back in February, the 3 to 6 inches they are forecasting for us seems like hardly much. You all take care!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 am

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

The power problems are definetly escalating. Most of the people in my area are putting
standby generators in. Ours goes out at the first crack of lightning. Many east-coasters
were out for weeks during cold weather.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 pm

When Hurricane Isabelle ripped through here I was without power for eleven days. Later, Gaston cut us off for five days. I bought a big whopper of a generator after that and when Irene tore up the place, I was on HRW having fun while the whole area was without power for five days. When Sandy came by and barely slipped by us on the way to wipe out New England, I didn't even have to get the generator out.

Its odd. They hadn't had anything serious here in almost 40 years until we retired here. Then, in rapid succession, there was a hurricane, an earthquake, another hurricane, a series of record bad floods, another hurricane, another hurricane again, and mixed in there somewhere was a water shortage from no rain for 60 days. Then a near miss from Sandy. Its a wonder my neighbors aren't out in the yard with picket signs...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Hope you guys and gals are all AOK and bunkered down safe. We've got a bit of a mid 30s run on here for the next week. Ummmm.... that's Celsius in case you were unsure. Spent yesterday evening sitting outside watching the promised storm brewing on the horizon only to have it drop 3 spits of rain on some fresh paintwork then scurry off to pester some other folk.

Meanwhile I think there's people on the central coast of NSW who are looking to take up ark building as a hobby.

Stay safe out there. Mother Nature is just giving us a bit of a reminder of who is really boss around here.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Yep, that's the true bottom line, Ember.

So, Dennis, you have deduced the evil plan, eh? Yes, soon all your mating pairs of animals are belong to us! Ark Inc. will own the world!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge