[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ahh...that felt good!

Ahh...that felt good!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Ahh...that felt good!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm

New job is keeping me busy and we've been doing quite a bit of stuff on the weekends. As a result, I've not played much, but got a few well-deserved hours in the basement in this evening.

Prepping the T-Birds for SCCA action and am putting together a write up for that. Tonight I rolled the rear valance on them and sorted parts, etc. for them. Going with wheels from SCC, M/T motor, Slot.it gear and axles, and a PCS32 chassis. I hope to get dad over this week to build the chassis mounts, get the interiors sorted and start the body work in earnest.

Ran some laps too and selected the fantastic MRRC Cheetah that Lee gave me at Christmas. I'd discoved that the rear bearings were loose in their mounts, so I glued those and shimmed the front axle up. Why I didn't do that a month ago when I re-motored and tuned the car is beyond me. I loved it before the changes, but I LOVE it now. WOW!

The treatment I'm getting at the new job is kind of freakish. Like royalty. They actually listen to me and like what I'm saying. I cannot remember a time in 8 years where I was actually feeling that I'd contributed or that my boss actually believed what I was saying. Not only are these people nice, but they really seem to like working together.

I went to a meeting last Friday that was so opposite of my old job I actually think I may have pinched myself at one point. Instead of the beat-down screaming fest I'm used to, the conversation was very nice, hot topics were discussed in a rational manner, and no one got smacked. Incredible. When I was called upon for my expertise and gave it, there was no second guessing, condescending talk, or anything like that. I'm not kidding, I almost cried. My blood pressure is even down over 20 points.

Life is good!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Ahh...that felt good!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Great to hear this, you earned a good time for a change :)

Sounds like fun with the Cheetah!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Glad to hear the job is going so well, its long deserved so enjoy it. Glad to hear the Cheetah brings smiles to you also. 8-)
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

David, happy to hear you are enjoying your new job. May you have many more days like the one you had.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 am

A bad or hostile work environment is the worst possible situation... you don't even want to get out of bed in the morning. Glad you have found your niche, it took me a long time too. Maybe you ought to send this post to your old boss, "by accident."
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 am

""""Prepping the T-Birds for SCCA action and am putting together a write up for that. Tonight I rolled the rear valance on them and sorted parts, etc. for them. Going with wheels from SCC, M/T motor, Slot.it gear and axles, and a PCS32 chassis. I hope to get dad over this week to build the chassis mounts, get the interiors sorted and start the body work in earnest.""""

Hi David!

I look forward to your write up for the T-Birds.

I just acquired a snap tite '57 T Bird kit myself to make into a SCCA racer.

I can't wait to see yours for some ideas!

I look forward to it!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 pm

David; Glad you found that dream job. So many of the engineering meetings I was involved in ended
in name calling and throwing things that I can't imagine ever getting into that industry again. Oddly
enough some of those same people have contacted me now that I am retired, and my response has
been simply "Sorry, can't help you".
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Bummer! Dad has a pinched nerve, so probably no playing cars until the weekend :(

As for the job - thanks! Not my dream job as that would be racing a car or flying an F16/22/35. Doesn't matter which one.

However, it is a very good job with some very nice people. Man, environment makes such a difference!!!

I'll let you know when the T-Birds are to the point of posting something.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

Do you need some more Dum-Dum's to bring into your new job...? :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby DAVE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Stay out of the F-35 JSF until they sort out the cracked titanium compressor blades. I would
much prefer that all the blades stay in the engine if I were flying one.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Well since I'm not remotely close to that dream job, I'll leave it to the real fighter jocks to deal with that little issue...would make my commute faster though!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby DAVE » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Neither one of us will ever get that chance. Even though we payed for it.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge