[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! What's your plans?

TGIF! What's your plans?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF! What's your plans?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:49 am

What a week. This job thing is for the birds I tell ya.

Have a couple of videos in the works with some new models that arrived, but nothing yet in the new mold department EXCEPT the new Thunderbird which we already did a good at, but I will do the final review.

Our big Labor Day Shootout is next weekend! :flags-waveusa: All the VIP Bigshots from Chicago will be on hand along with the usual local boys. Heard that Mr. Urbas might do a 3D clinic for us and Cheater O'Connor will share his latest speed secrets :whistle:

But this weekend is for reviews and cleaning up the Ye Olde Skunkworks!

What about you folks?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! What's your plans?

Postby WB2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:04 am

Gateway Indy Car race.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:56 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:36 am

I thought I would go participate in a biggish slot car race in Edmonton :D . See Tourist Trophy race thread
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am

Well, for me, it's my last day at my current job. (Position got eliminated)
So having some drinks with soon to be former co workers, then Saturday I'm starting to paint up my two new Scalextric T-birds!

I'll start looking for a new job on Monday. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:01 pm

I just unboxed my latest slot car - the #92 Carrera Pikes Peak Torino. It'll be added to the Muscle Car Stocks roster on my oval with Bobby Unser as driver and be prepped for action with Benny Parsons, Dan Hampton, David Pearson, and others. After the guide keel is changed and Quick Slicks are put on it'll hit the track for time trial sessions and be assigned a starting position based on qualification time.

As the weekend unfolds I hope to complete bodywork on my second Mercury Cyclone build and attempt a tricolor paint job.

Z-carfan, thanks for sharing your reality and stay positive. I appreciate what your going through 'cause I got laid off from a great job with a major company a few decades back and had no idea what would happen next. I was numb for awhile, but looking back it was a blessing. I found a new career path that made where I am now possible. Consider the saying - "Don't pray for an easy life, pray for the courage to overcome adversity." This is when you get to show what you're made of. You got this!
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby FC47 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Was off the summer but, it was a horror show since late May.
Too late to hit the road for Quebec and some Live Steaming with friends because of a dragging work startup meeting this morning.
So, lit up the 3D printer, put the red on the Cyclone and some primer on a Ferrari tomorrow,
Put a few hours to the road on the springer, get back and have a little cookout...
And pop the new toy off the printer!

(Already got the crawler ready to go to Dickie’s next weekend)
:banana-dance:
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 pm

I meant to mention about the layoff thing. I counted them up, and in a working life of almost 50 years, I was laid off three times, fired once (boss's daughter- wow!), and the company folded right out from under me once. Then I got a chest full of trouble and had to retire. What's amazing is that as hurtful as it felt, and dejected as I was, I had to really think hard to remember them all, even the boss's daughter who got me in so much trouble in the storeroom. Near as I can tell, its the natural way of things. Grin and look for the next adventure, eh?

And FC, you must be a lot younger and in better shape than me. The last time I rode a springer was 1978, when my buddy and I swapped bikes for a weekend. Mine was a smooth cruiser and he had a long way to go. His was not only a springer, but a full-on chopper, apehangers and all. I was a looong weekend for me, and he had a great time.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FC47 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:32 pm

I dunno Rob, 60 is the next step, no meds yet. 4 out of 14 were springers, drags, apes, beach, big front tire and apes on this, bike saddle too, solo toy, favorite of em, all day.
My gramp had one, my pop always got a kick out of mine.
I can see your story bud, you’re a good man for taking the heat :music-rockout:
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm

Just racing with the Bombers tonight, and getting some pizza from Lou Malnati's. Racing and pizza, that is the way to start the weekend.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby NHBandit » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 pm

The wife's birthday is coming up soon and she has been asking why she dosn't have her own slot car. She's also an Elvis freak so... I had a couple of Carrera chassis and got some bodys recently from a couple of the fine folks here. Ordered decals from James Heller and this is what I'll be working on. Oh and changing the clutch in the 1-1 scale real hotrod, my 67 Camaro. IMG_3957.JPG
NHBandit

Postby Broman62 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Home this weekend so got the yard mowed and other yard work done and brought one of my RC vehicles home and had a blast running it around as my pupper ran her butt off chasing it down all thru the yard!! Received 2 packages this week which I will be playing with in alittle while!! Hoping to golf tomorrow and/or just relax and maybe do some grilling and beveraging :D :D

“Z”-keep your head up and good luck on the new job hunt!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mickey thumbs » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Trying to gently pry the windshield off my white body slotit Jag XJR9 because as soon as the CA dried I realized that the yet-to-be ordered Castrol decals that cover the hood extend over the dash!!! This project has been quite a learning experience. I grafted the jk hawk/motor bracket from a way too hot for my track rtr to a scratch built brass pan chassis. My first build in 52 years. Talk about rusty skills! Lots of laughs on me along the way, but great fun.
Mickey thumbs

Postby Slot GT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 am

Racing in the 2019 Tourist Trophy this weekend!
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:12 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge