1/32 Scale Sportsman Class Rules?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

1/32 Scale Sportsman Class Rules?

Postby Fast Co. » Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am

Does anyone have a set of rules for a 1/32 Sportsman Class? Our gang is adding this class our racing schedule and we're looking for some ideas. Particularly with regard to maximum weight restrictions.
Thanks in advance...
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 Scale Sportsman Class Rules?

Postby RichD » Mon May 13, 2019 11:52 am

The Shoreline Model Raceways Sportsman rules can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rYMaE0 ... sp=sharing
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks Rich! That's a big help.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Mon May 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Class 1 - Classic Sports Car

This class is open to classic and vintage sports cars, RTR and scratchbuilt are acceptable. Thunderslot brand cars are NOT eligible for this class (2/4/2018). Examples of cars that are legal for this class are: Revell King Cobra and Porsche 904, Ninco Classics (i.e. Porsche 356, Jaguar XK120, Corvette, Jaguar "D" Type), old Revell 1/32 slot cars (i.e. Ferrari GTO & '65 Corvette), Carrera "D" Jag & '67 Corvette, Monogram Ferrari 275P, MRRC King Cobra & Porsche 904. This short list is not inclusive of all the possible cars, there are other brands that would fit this class with slight narrowing of the rear tires. This class is comprised of two divisions (10/21/2015)
naste Class 1 - Classic Sports Car
Division I: This is a spec motor class. Division I cars will be required to use the H&R 14k motor only. Class is limited to cars replicating cars built and raced through 1967. Chassis construction must be rigid with no separate articulating pieces such as hinged side pans, motor pods, or suspension type front axle mounts. Podded chassis will be allowed in Division I provided the chassis motor pod mounting screws are tightened AND the pod is permanently glued making the chassis compliant with the solid chassis rule. No movement or dampening is allowed between the main chassis piece and the motor pod. Eligible car's rear tire contact patch must be 7mm or less. The tire width set is that of Revell Classic cars, specifically the King Cobra and Porsche 904. Tires slightly wider than 7mm can be narrowed to meet the rule

Division II: This is a spec motor class. Division II cars will be required to use the H&R 18k motor only. Class is limited to cars replicating cars built and raced through 1975. Elligible cars' rear tire contact patch must be 8mm or less. Chassis construction may be multipiece/articulating.

Thunderslot brand cars are NOT eligible for this class (2/4/2018)
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge