DArt Hobbies problem

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

DArt Hobbies problem

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:22 am

Two months ago I ordered a 1/32 Ferrari 612 body kit from DArt Hobbies. I figured it was going to take a few weeks for it to get here but after waiting a month I sent an email asking about the status of my order. A couple of days later I got a reply stating that he had been waiting for a shipment of parts to come in because he was short on a few of the detail parts but that they had arrived and he would get the shipment in the mail right away. Now it's been another month and still no delivery. I sent another email and got a reply that he would look into it. That was a week ago and there has been no further communication. I paid via PayPal and they have a pretty good record with me regarding refunds, so, do I wait even longer or get PayPal to refund my money? I'm posting this hoping that someone familiar with DArt Hobbies might give me some advice.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DArt Hobbies problem

Postby Pappy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:51 am

Join the club.

They are honest but extremely slow. You'll eventually get your parts if you want to wait that long. Just getting any response at all is doing better than I did.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:02 am

I have read reports on Forums similar to this. I bought probably a lot BWA motors (for our club in a couple of batches) and some resin parts from him and didn't have a problem with stuff arriving in Australia.

Hopefully it will get to you soon.

David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 am

I would love one of their Ferrari 612's. However based on these types of situations I've seen before, I won't get one. :(
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 am

Probably A great guy who has been involved in the hobby for years. Profit margin is not large enough to motivate,and his tank of passion is running on empty

Patience and good will is probably the best course of action. I hope the story ends well. No one wants to see their money in the void or see a cottage industry player fold up his tent.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:12 am

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll give him another couple of weeks to deliver the merchandise.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Well I referred the issue back to PayPal. They will contact him and if there is no satisfactory reply by May 1 they will start a refund action. I really hope the guy is feeling well. There has been no activity on his twitter account since mid March either.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:10 pm

I am waiting officially 2 months now on my own order. Of all my emails to them, I only had one answered, on March 21, in which they said, "Sorry for the delay. I’m getting your order out now". No further replies since then.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:00 am

That is about what they said to me in an email in mid March. I wished that someone here knows him personally to get to the bottom of this.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 am

Bob,

It's almost like they don't keep any inventory, they don't buy the parts until they sell them.

I have a friend that wanted some wheel inserts from Dart. I told him that Dart was slow but he said he was in no hurry. He wasn't in a hurry and still got tired of waiting and got his money back.

I was in a Proxy race that Art from Dart was in and he donated BWA motors to all the participants. It's all very confusing.

You'll all get your orders eventually if you want to wait that long.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 am

Hmm, I ordered the very same kit and wheels from there a couple months back. While it took longer than I'm used to (about three weeks) I got everything as ordered and everything was top notch quality-wise. Maybe he's having medical/family issues?
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge