distraction/ confession LOL

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

distraction/ confession LOL

Postby btaylor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:52 pm

I have not been very active on the board as of late, and for this I apologize. I like bringing new builds and info for any newcomers, and an occasional trick or two for the old farts as well.
But a couple of weeks ago I was approached by some neighborhood guys that run RC cars. They have the 1/10 scale stadium trucks, and have a small track practically in my own backyard. They came to me because they heard I built slot cars, and wondered if I could do repairs and hopups on the RC trucks. They also wanted to know if I would be interested in helping them build an oval track, and do body conversions for them to use late models, and street stock cars. Well of course I said yes! sounded like a bunch of fun to me. so I have been learning as much as I can about RC cars, and doing what I thought where easy repairs. seems some guys just are not mechanically minded as they used to be. I must say, taking a turn or two at the track was fun, and required way more driving skills than my slots!. I may get myself one just to play. So anyway, I have several slot projects in limbo right now, but will be returning to the real bench very soon.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: distraction/ confession LOL

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:05 pm

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Sounds like a fun distraction sir! Late Model Oval racing sounds pretty entertaining! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Welllllll....I GUESS we will allow it.

For now.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby padirtfan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:47 am

If I had a track that close I'd jump back in. I raced RC for 15 years but the last 4 I had to drive 2 hours each way to race.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge