Happy Thanksgiving

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Aloha » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:29 pm

I also would like to wish you all a very special holiday. It is the one day of the year that I don’t mind being associated with a turkey if you know what I mean. On a serious note please take a moment to reflect on how blessed we are and do not let the day go by without making note of that. Have fun be safe and enjoy the moment
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all my HRW virtual and real friends. This is the one place I check in 2-3 times a day to see how each of you is progressing or having fun in our hobby that brings us all together. Thank you all for supplying me with info, building tips, setting up proxies, hosting and building cars with me or for me. I appreciate you all.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Postby slothead » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 pm

I discovered HRW sometime around 2005 when I was searching for something creative to liven up my free time. I didn't know if slot cars were still an active hobby or not, having been away from it for about 20 years after the club I raced with in NY came to an end. Before long I became a member so I could PM people selling cars and over time I got drawn in so that now slot cars consume most of my thoughts and disposable income. After years of devotion to oval racing someone here encouraged me to build a road course, and after buying a few Pioneer Trans Am cars I went for it and for the past 5 years Shelby-Hendrix Speedway and collecting Trans Am, Le Mans, and most recently Can Am cars has been my favorite activity.

HRW has been my link to so many others who are also passionate about this hobby. I remodeled my barn to have room for 2 tracks, and have since built and bought nearly 200 cars to replicate both dirt oval and road course races. Thanks to everyone at HRW, especially Harry, for this great place to share thoughts, tips, and plans.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge