TGIF! Veteran's Day Weekend

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF! Veteran's Day Weekend

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

First of all...

Thank you to ALL Veteran's. As many of us are getting ready for a long weekend, just wanted to give thanks to those that served, and continue serving today.

Also to those brave men and women behind us. The ones that support us and have our backs. That make sure we have all we need to get our jobs done and come home.
You are true Veteran's of service in my eyes, regardless of the uniform.

Because many have been right there next to you. Often in harm's way. Perhaps no rank, no uniform. But equal patriots.

Enjoy your weekend my fellow warriors!

Hope most of you have some plans for this long weekend (if you get it).

Have two molds to cast for the Showdown Series. In between drying times I will start on my 1/24 "Project Fatboy" with the Merc, Hudson, and Oldsmobubble.

Plus....a really cool announcement that hopefully we all will appreciate. Think SET GIVEAWAY.

SITE INFO:

Have worked on the photo hosting database a lot this past week. Updating it for the new web standard codecs and applying security updates. As we move along with that site, I will update ONLY what is web standard required. I won't change the look/feel of it. Once you learn to post and manage...why change it for the sake of change? It is there for you to have reliable, secure and MOST importantly, FREE and PERMANENT photo hosting. The donations/contributions I get go straight into an account I will use to expand the memory and bandwidth limits.

The forum database has been cleaned/checked. As it grows I am pruning many old posts. This helps our load times. Most of these posts are by members who have left and leave behind a trail of broken links and red X's for photos.

Anyway, hope all of you have a great weekend! :flags-waveusa:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! Veteran's Day Weekend

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:47 pm

Hear hear.

For those hard men and women who stand ready so we can sleep at night....praise and thanks.

And thanks to the Boss, for all the work you do.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Hotrodbob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Thank you one and all :text-bravo: :flags-waveusa:
Hotrodbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Norman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Thank you to everyone who has served our great country!
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Once again our 2 Great Counties have a day in Common to remember those who have allowed us to live the life we have chosen.
Call it Veterans Day or Remembrance Day. It is a time in which we can show our support and thanks for those still serving and those who have gone before us.
Our Veterans of the old WWs are fewer and fewer, but the honour they displayed in serving our countries will never dwindle. Now our other generations of Vets should feel honoured by us for their service with our gratitude.
I will be attending our local parade and laying of the Wreaths at the Cenotaph somply because I want to. I hope some of you are able to do the same , it is a fantastic feeling and the appreciation of our living veterans fills the air with emotion.
God Bless all our Service Personnel.
Thanks for the reminder Harry
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby historiceng » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Very well said Harry, we have a special day here tomorrow with a strong U.S.A element in memory of the many servicemen who trained in the bay and set sail for D Day.
A lone dawn piper will waken the day.

Thank you to all those service men and women in history and today.
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:52 am

historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge