[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Other Forum

The Other Forum

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: The Other Forum

Postby 4424ever » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 pm

4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Well said Dave
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby slothead » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 pm

HRW is my 'home' slot car site and I've only gone to SCI when a search lead me to some posts there. I don't really know much about the site and am totally fulfilled by what HRW offers. Thanks to everyone for that.

This post is really about what waay suggested this morning, that someone may have dropped a human hydrogen bomb at/on SCI which had repercussions. Then in a subsequent post it was stated that "HRW is a breath of fresh air". Thank goodness for that. Please, no cutting the cheese, booty burps, butt yodeling, air biscuits, rectal turbulence, or stepping on a duck around here. Lets keep trouser trumpets and sphincter sirens down wind of things.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Air biscuits! That takes me back! My grandfather referred to Tennessee Barking Spiders a good 50 years ago!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby borninthe50s » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:33 pm

I read a lot and post a little on all three sites. I've always found this site to be extremely accessible and friendly, bar none. The other sites I use seem to have issues. One I find to be somewhat hostile at times from some of the administrators and posters, but I have had very positive experiences there as well. The other I find to be somewhat aloof and cliquish, but contains information I rarely find anywhere else. I certainly agree that I'd like to see all three continue to support and grow the hobby. Glen
borninthe50s

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:07 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:54 am

The other forum's owner may be the most dedicated slot car promoter in the country. All sites have issues and downtime including this one right here. Having been a web developer since the mid-90's - yes, just about the beginning - I've seen my share of these issues from site moves. And as typical this one was caused by host mistakes and compounded by host' refusal to believe it was their fault.

Let's not castigate someone for trying to do the right thing.

Incidentally said site is running MUCH faster and without a certain annoying load wait from CloudFlare.

Be gentle my friends, as always it takes a community, a varied community.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:12 am

Good point Monte, one of the things that I do like best about the community of slot racers is that there are lots of varied ways to enjoy this hobby and that does extend to where people like to share those projects. So to your serious point Monte, I do think that everyone here really does want nothing but the best for SCI and Alan as he tries to get his sites up and going again to "scratch that itch" that different forums provide.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Aloha » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:09 am

Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am

We need a like button as I also agree w Monte as several business on the boards I read are phenomenal at promoting the Hobby and helping others. I wouldn't have found this great board if it were not from SCI.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 pm

FYI --
Just for the heck of it, I logged into SCI a few minutes ago and was able to get on - I'm using Firefox browser. That's all I know the computer stuff! Other than having to log in constantly and occasionally having to hit the refresh button, things were as they've been lately. Frustrating at times, but it's not gonna keep me away.
I have faith it'll be fixed eventually, so I'm not gonna complain to Alan about it. I enjoy both forums as they are.
HRW was my first internet forum experience, and it's still the first I log in to when I feel like talking (or typing) about slot cars.

Thanks again, Harry - If I can navigate, then ANYONE can have FUN here! Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:09 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge