[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Bob Taylor is ok after the storm

Bob Taylor is ok after the storm

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Bob Taylor is ok after the storm

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 am

Basically his home took a CAT3 level storm. Just spoke to Bob and they are all fine. No major damage. No power at home though and of course no internet connection.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Bob Taylor is ok after the storm

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:19 am

Good to hear he is weathering it well!
Thanks for the update Harry!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Broman62 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 am

Great news to hear the “Psycho Builder” survived the storm!!!

Hey Harry, with him not having internet right now, do you have his mailing info as to where we send our cars to?? If so could you post it or PM me the info please...thanks!! Or is he gonna be down for next weeks first race??
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 am

Glad to hear he is OK cat3 storm, I couldn't even imagine we don't have storms like that in my neck of the woods.
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 am

Thanks Harry, Mcguivered our internet for a little while, dont know how long i will have it. We are all good, just massive clean up ahead.
As far as the proxy goes, its still very much on! I will power the track with a car battery, and use my fingers and toes to count laps if i have to!
Pm me for mailing info please.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am

Mailing? I thought this was a photo proxy?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 4424ever » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 am

How are the cars going to get to you Bob and I haven’t received my helper package yet either :pray:
Just glad everyone is doing ok :o
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:49 am

I sent out the last few packages tues. The cars need to be mailed to me. PM for info. Should still be enough time i hope!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:51 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 am

If you have to back it up a week or couple days, etc...no big deal. But I am sure you will be back up very soon.

We are getting notices at work to expect delivery delays due to this bad weather. It happens.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 pm

............DANG!!..............
I shipped my entry Tuesday, with expected delivery today :roll: :roll:
Guess I better keep the USPS tracking number handy :)
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Delivery for me either direction is normally one week minimum we will see
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Now the dregs of the storm is on top of us. By now, its just a messy rain with some fierce wind once in a while. The big thing is the flooding. With the ocean temperatures higher, hurricanes pick up more water, and they get a lot stronger, then soon after landfall, they quickly become tropical depressions and storms and dump huge amounts of rain on land that hasn't had that much water to drain away, ever. It pools, and we get flash floods. We are lucky, we live on top of a hill on a high spot in the Tidewater. When Isabel hit, and again with Gaston and Irene, we briefly were were actually an island, with impassible roads all over the place. That's when you lose delivery and emergency electrical service if you lose power. Its amazing that these storms haven't done more damage, from floods alone. These guys who get out in the storms to restore power and divert floods are just like the First Responders on 9/11 we all see as heroes. Thank god they are so brave. Now if we can just pay them a fraction of what they are worth to us...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge