Happy Bathurst day.

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Happy Bathurst day.

Postby patwa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Another 'Great race' is run and won. A fairy tale finish if ever there was one.
The Australian icon continues to entertain and some how get better as it evolves.
Being at work for the event this year put a stop to the usual celebrations, but here in the gas fields of central Australia we did the day proud with some racing on a Bathurst style replica Scalextric track that is coming together nicely, due to the efforts of a few dedicated slotters. 4 lanes of plastic and Race coordinator software made for a lot of fun, even with bleary eyes after nightshift.
Some of the XB/XC Falcons made an appearance as well as a couple of Toranas for the GM fans.
I would love to show a couple of pictures but I just can't seem to get the Google photos thing to transfer pictures.
Rest assured fun was had by all.
I hope a few of you got to see the race at the mountain. A unique track. As DW said-"A geological oddity".
Cheers.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Happy Bathurst day.

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:37 pm

I love The Bathurst! A few years ago, an Aussie HRW friend gave me a 6 volume DVD set of The 40 Years of Bathurst, which was put together several years before. Its a treasure.

The first Bathurst I saw was on Wide World of Sports (if you are less than 50, you probably never heard of it), and a mob of wallabies suddenly came across the track at the bottom end of the mountain stretch. It was insane. It was carnage- automotive and wallaby. In black & white TV form, it was more funny than horrible, but those who were there, and drivers who were injured didn't find it funny at all. That sort of thing happens at The Mountain all the time. It is without peer as the craziest high speed, big power car race as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably destroy a car, but even more than Nurburgring, I want to drive the Bathurst.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge