Proffesor Motor question

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Proffesor Motor question

Postby proxieken » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:03 am

Over the past few years I have sent several e-mails to the contact link with no response. One message was answered by someone who told me it was being relayed to someone else but never answered. I called the phone number once and was put on hold and hung up after many minutes.

Is there another method to contact them? Is there a secret handshake or code word to get noticed?

I will keep trying but I am starting to think perhaps they do not want to be bothered.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Proffesor Motor question

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:41 am

They are swamped. And at the worst time, when they are already short-handed. Just keep trying, the phone is the best way.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Czar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 am

If they have so much business that they are "swamped" and the result is turning away customers, why don't they hire someone until they can catch up? Not much can kill a mail order business faster than poor service.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 am

What is your question? And why put up with that?
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PinkPig23 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Have you checked your spam folder to make sure replies aren't getting lost in there? Whenever I email them a question, I always get an answer back within 1-2 days. And when I've called, I always get someone on the phone that can help.
PinkPig23

Postby Slot GT » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:44 pm

That is odd. I've contacted them several times over the past month by e-mail and have always had a response within 24 hours.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:35 pm

December of 2017 went unanswered, June of 2018 also unanswered, and I sent one out on the 28th of this month.

I will try to call again this Tuesday.

As you can see, it is not urgent. Just wanted to make sure they are still active.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Are you using the link on Prof Motor's site?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Perrotoro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:53 pm

I agree proxieken - I wish they were quicker with responses. I’ve done a lot of business with them since starting slots in December ‘17. I email directly to Brad and Oliver. Seldom get better than than 24-hr response and sometimes worse if any. Present email request has gone unanswered for a week. Direct calls entail waits and occasionally no one available. They should definitely add staff in my opinion. I’m sure $2500-3000 is not much to them, but it’s huge too me.

Having said all that - they are still realatvely excellent. They’re # 2 in my opinion response wise. Others don’t reply at all and do not nearly have the selection nor detailed descriptions. Some respond reasonably quickly but may not have much home racing experience. Overall, Prof Motor is tied for # 1 on my list.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm

This is strange. I've been with Andy & Co (Oliver when its electronics), since 2003 or so. Somewhere in there. Even when Andy was seriously ill, in and out of the hospital, they were excellent, on the phone, answering emails, taking orders online, everything. That's why they get so busy, especially when they host big events.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge