[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Gear Jammers Car Show

Gear Jammers Car Show

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Gear Jammers Car Show

Postby strangebrew » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm

The car club I belong to (Belleville Gear Jammers) had our 23rd annual car cruise this afternoon.
Weather was drizzly & misty 'till afternoon, but we still had 150 or so cars show up.
Thought I'd post a few images.

The 1st has to be my favorite. A guy I used to 1:1 race with "back in the day" resurected
an old Willys coupe. this is what ran the dirt tracks around here in the 60's.
454 Chevy big block for the dirt bullrings.
(By the way.....You'll notice the license plates & lights.......yup street legal) :whistle:

This is how us old farts race now....sit in lawn chairs instead of behind the wheel. :D

..............My buddy, Mr. Mazooty's 1957 Nash Metropolitan...........

All you "senior citizens know what "flamed lead Sleds" are".
How 'bout a front wheel drive Olds 455.

A 'Merc with the obligatory top chop, whitewalls, spinners, grill teeth, spots & pin stripes. :dance:

More flames, teeth & baby moons on a flathead Shoebox Ford. :clap:

Surf's up with a HEMI! :hand:

A little something for everybody.

:flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: NOBODY "took a knee" for the presentation of colors by first responders either :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa:

................Thanks for looking......................
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Gear Jammers Car Show

Postby 4424ever » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:52 pm

COOL rides there Brew :text-thankyouyellow: Too bad a ride like that Willys would never pass inspection around these parts they've pretty much outlawed fun ot the street around here. Glad I had mine when I did ah memories :D :naughty:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Gorgeous. I copied the Plymouth Woody picture to post on HRW because a '52 Dodge Meadowlake was my first car, left to me by my grandmother. One of our HRW guys came from a family that had one, and it was the same color green as the "Surfer" wagon, mine, and his family! I couldn't resist. I will put it on the "First Car" topic.

By the way, nobody ever "took a knee" for First Responders or the Presentation of the Colors by a Color Guard. That's strictly a limited thing at NFL games for the anthem. Way too much press coverage and political blathering for a very small thing.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:03 am

Nice collection there Brew. I do like the old modified.

That 455 Olds looks like a fast mover too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:44 am

:text-coolphotos:
Great pics!
Really dig the "Front Wheel Drive 455" and wide variety!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Yeah, I have been thinking about that car. A '46 Ford has all kinds of room under the hood, so I am sure the entire drive train can tuck in there just fine, but the balance for driving must be really odd feeling, unless some really smart engineering eliminated what I imagine to be uncomfortable oversteer. I wonder if that guy drives in parades and stuff, and how it looks when its moving. That's a car that has me fascinated. Do you know if the car has been in a magazine or anything else?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:29 pm

That car appears to be using the original Toronado wheels from 65-66 as well.

The 65 Toronado was my Mom's "grocery getter" and pretty sure I grew up in that back seat :)

455...yeah, we had the groceries back home pretty quick :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby WB2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 pm

What, no picture of the Corvair PU with the nice patina?
My favorite was the red Studebaker with the Continental kit and the massive fins.
Sorry, I deleted the pics after I sent them to a friend.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Awesome pics SB...Willy’s and Lead Sled’s are my favorites!!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Surf's up with a HEMI! :hand:

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 am

Here are the pics from Dave, pretty cool!

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 am

I should have asked Bob to begin with!

Maybe its the photo angle, but I thought the track in the front was wider than the track in the rear. I'm just looking at the clearance for the tires, so I could be wrong. My mother had a Monte Carlo in 1979 that was a good 8 inches difference, and it made the car completely impossible on slick streets. When she drove around a 90 degree turn, there were four completely distinct tracks on the ground.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge