My friend Bill (long- updated August 11)

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: My friend Bill (long- updated August 4)

Postby historiceng » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 am

My very best wishes to you all, you are doing a brilliant job, we sincerely send you are very best.

Eric and Bryony.
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My friend Bill (long- updated August 4)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Holy Crap!!!! We did it! We rebuilt an SU rear mount carb using the fore mount SU that the experts did as a model! Guys, it is an amazing feeling to get one of these fussy boogers perfect on the first try. When the dampers and a few other doodads arrive this week, we'll be ready to mount these things. Bill is very excited. We are already looking forward to bringing the carcass of the car out in the woods to raise it and do the brakes. The gas tank and fuel lines are clean and ready, the fuel pump is set, and this project is getting a serious head of steam. Remember there is a parts car that is waiting to become a racecar? The Jaguar guys are getting ideas, and so am I. Bill is going to flip. We recently discovered that the factory hardtop sitting there on the parts car is a rare original. It might finance the roll cage and other things we need to complete it as a racecar. Who knows?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: My friend Bill (long- updated August 6)

Postby Broman62 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 pm

This is a great story to follow...true friendship...keep it coming Way...I truly hope you and Bill get to finish the ride down the road!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My friend Bill (long- updated August 11)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Sad report this time. Bill was so tired all day he sat and watched. From noon until we left after 6, Bill was watching and commenting from time to time. At one point he was so cold we got an old flannel shirt from the back room and made him some coffee and fed him a stack of biscotti he seemed to really like. He has now lost a total of 43 pounds. First chemo is Tuesday. I dread what that is going to do to him. Replaced upper control arms and ball joints as well as bushings for the stabilizer bar today- trouble is, it was on a Buick! One of the old Jaguar guys has a wife with a Buick, and we all attacked the front end.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FC47 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 am

Hey Rob, hopefully it was just a rough patch tough day, they come and go,
Glad to hear of the success with the carb and roof find, and the comeraderie, interest and support.
Keep the journey rolling.
A bunch of us got together yesterday, compared recent surgeries, visited, and burned plenty of coal riding trains in the rain. Always good to get a gang together, and keep friends going!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Rob, you’re doing a wonderful thing here, but you know that already. Terrific project, but work along on it as quickly as you can because colon cancer metastasized to the liver is a challenging diagnosis.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge