[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Makes ya wonder

Makes ya wonder

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Makes ya wonder

Postby chris » Tue May 01, 2018 12:08 am

My daughter does dancing on a Monday night. Finished up a bit after nine and she came out to find some moron had smashed the passenger side window of her 14 year old Mazda and stolen...........

a plastic bag with the dress she had worn to work and an empty Tupperware container that she had taken leftovers for lunch.

Makes ya wonder what goes through the fools brains don't it?

Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Makes ya wonder

Postby Pappy » Tue May 01, 2018 3:06 am

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Billy boy » Tue May 01, 2018 3:26 am

Scum bag. Hope karma comes into play.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:28 am

Gee whiz. Cash had a song called "That 'ol Wheel",
Don't worry, it'll come around.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue May 01, 2018 7:24 am

Have driven a convertible for 20yr now..... leave nothing inside, put all valuable in the trunk and importantly....leave it unlocked.
A hidden kill/fuel shutoff switch and your golden....
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue May 01, 2018 12:28 pm

5 years I drove a 73 Corvette to work every day in the west end of Louisville. This is the place you hear about with all the gang related and drug related shootings everyday. I always left the car un-locked windows down about 2 inches. I left nothing in the car to steal. I'm sure it got opened up many times, but was never damaged and there was nothing in it to steal.

A topic somewhat related. Yesterday I pull up to a stop light and on the street crossing in front of me there is a moped with a guy passed out and draped over the handlebars. A woman is standing next to it trying to hold up the bike and the passed out guy. Two other people stopped quickly and went to help. My first thought, the guy just shot up and OD'ed and was going to the hospital. Bunch of low rent apartments a block from there and a hospital 2 blocks the other way. I'm assuming the worst.

I would have stopped, but if it had been a drug OD, I would have just got him out of the way of the cars and went on about my business. Not the political correct thing to do. Enough people that fight for their lives and can't afford care. I have a hard time knowing we give free shots and care to people that intentionally hurt themselves. If your kid is allergic to peanuts, you have to pay $$$ for a shot to save your child. I'm done preaching!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:45 pm

I live in a fairly decent neighbourhood in Edmonton, Alberta Canada and leave my 3/4 ton Chevy parked on the street. It has been broken in numerous times and so I don't leave anything of value in it. After they destroyed the power locks one time by 'punching' the locks out, I just leave the truck open now..the thieves are so polite now that when they go through the glove box, they put everything on the passenger seat...so in the morning I just have to put all the pens, paper clips, papers etc. back in the glove box and go...a good system since I don't want to keep reparing door locks or windows. The Police Department does not care about petty crime and won't even investigate it, they want you to file a complaint on line...sometimes I just can't wait for the zombie apocalypse to happen!!!
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm

These are what our police call 'crimes of opportunity' almost always driven by a need for quick money for drugs. Drug use is on the rise every where and once a habit exceeds what a person can afford, crime is the obvious next step.

After a stop at the bank my wife left a bank envelop on the dash of her car while shopping. When I told her not to do that she said, "what's the big deal, there was nothing in it?" Yes, but by the time someone finds that out you'll already have a broken window or other damage. She said okay, but I still don't think she gets it.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge