[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What were you doing 46 years ago today?

What were you doing 46 years ago today?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: What were you doing 46 years ago today?

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mayberryman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 pm

I was a rookie police officer with a wife who was about five month along to having our first and only child. I was busy attempting to figure out just how to pay the bills on my whopping 7,500 a year pay. I did manage to purchase a 1971 Ford Pinto with the Red, White and Blue paint that I called the Capt. America car. This March my wife and I had our 47th year of marriage. I always tell people that I waited 23 years to find Mrs. Right and only two more months to find that her first name was actually ALWAYS.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Waaytoomuchintothis: I've not seen the full-blown hearse/ambulance (maybe the Ghostbusters drove one, but I don't know if in 1/32), but I think I've seen a number of 1/32 59 Caddys (either hardtops or converts), which might require some creative additions to approximate your ride. I will not rivet-count on your attempt - I just want to see the groovy graphics!

(P.S. If anyone comes across a 1/32 HHR, I'll have to get it to make a copy of the "Futuremobile" I drove when I was "Dr. Future" when I produced and hosted the "Future Quake" show on the radio)
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am

Waay - my wife prides herself in being old with an attitude. Like wearing red sneakers and buying herself a convertible 2 seater sports car last year. I printed out the poem to show her, which means I'll probably see her wearing more purple.

Anyone with memories from 1972 (whether you can actually remember them or not) has earned the right to be cantankerous.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby FootScoot » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:27 pm

I was a little over a year into my first marriage which would sadly end in 1975 seeing that she discovered she liked other men more than me. Other than that I don’t recall too much from back then.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ccobra » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Gee, I was flying over to Mildenhall RAFB, UK on one of those luxury liners that was super smooth, quiet, extremely comfortable C130E of the TAC airlines. Anyone who flew on one knows there might be a tad of BS there for you could yell directly in someones ear and they still couldn't hear you, and temperature wise was great for penguins. Anyway I was one my first TDY tour of 90 days and my first trip out of the US just after turning 18. It took me seven more years to find my Mrs. Right under a pool table in the Philippines but that is another story, but were still bugging each other to this day. :)
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:57 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby -Nimrod- » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 pm

I was four and being chased by my older brother for some reason, always chased.

Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 pm

You're a rich man, "Waay".
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Waay - there's a football expression that comes to mind when I look at those photos, especially the first one. "You out kicked your coverage."

Congrats.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge