[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Tudor electric football

Tudor electric football

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Tudor electric football

Postby chappy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:54 pm

I found a soccer game online and was one click away fom ordering it.
Postage was pretty high though.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby slothead » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 pm

As a kid from 8 - 16 or so, I probably spent as much time playing Electric Football as I did racing slot cars. I had about 10 different teams and played 14 game seasons. I made stat sheets and recorded every play of every game so I could calculate game and season stats. At the end of a season I knew which player had rushed for the most yards, had the best per carry average, caught the most passes, etc. I kept notebooks full of game sheets and when my father bought a big adding machine for his business I'd borrow it and go back and recalculate all the games I'd done by hand to correct any errors. I still may have some of those records in some of the boxes we moved out of my parents house when we put it up for sale.

I've always been a big NY Giants fan and they won almost every game and championship. My oldest brother would come into the room where I was playing and ask me what was the score and who was winning. When I'd say the Giants were winning he'd tell me I was going to go to jail for fixing the games. I'd swear I wasn't cheating, but some how the giants only lost about 4 games in 10 seasons and won the championship every year.

Good memories.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby arroldn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Slothead,
UMMMMMMM Sounds like the fix was in LOL

Have any of you seen this video. NC A&T vs Ohio State. This game would only happen in fantasy or electric football. The announcer for the game is really into it. I see he has both old and new style bases. Now that last play of the quarter Taylor the quarterback would not have been re positioned to run for a TD. He was headed out of bounds. Harry what would your rules allow? As a kid we never changed positions of players once the play started. I understand from reading his comments he makes changes of attack angle to simulate intelligence of real players.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 am

Yes this is a great example of how far some of these enthusiasts are into it. Custom resin players, advanced bases they mod themselves, custom playing fields.

Hmmmmmmmm remind you of another hobby? :)

When my son is in town we play with traditional Tudor game rules from circa 1960. No stop and adjust. Only stop to swap QB for a pass.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby arroldn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:37 am

Yes sir that's the way we played it. If your receiver was wide open you would hope he ran for a TD before he ran out of bounds.

What other hobby??????? 8-)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge