[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sebring 2018

Sebring 2018

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Sebring 2018

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 am

Some shots of the poster and line up.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Sebring 2018

Postby Dundee Denny » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:17 am

GREAT to see all of this, pulling all the cars together Harry!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:45 am

Looking to be a great event.
Will be watching off DVR after a trip to Eastern Ohio for some HO T-jet racing! :auto-driving:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks Harry, that's the first time I've seen the entries all in the same place.

Not that I'd want to start any kind of wagering on this forum, but my favs are:

P - #5 Action Express Mustang Sampling Cadillac

GTD - #29 Land Motorsports Audi R8 LMS GT3 (with my handle, how could I go against this mark.......? and they only lost the opener on a gas penalty.............)

GTLM - #3 or #4 Corvette C7.R (yup, I grew up a bowtie guy and it's time to see a real GTLM car beat what's actually a prototype in disguise.......bet that draws a comment or two........... ;) )

Who do you think's going to win?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PetesLightKits » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Nice poster. Do I spy a throwback to the Porsche 962 and a vintage Camaro?
PetesLightKits
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 pm

I simply cannot warm up to the Prototype cars. They have absolutely no visual appeal to me. Thankfully there are some cool sports cars to look at.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Looking forward to catching some of the race.

Okay, slot cars I'd like to see from the cars shown......

LMP - The Mazda
GTD - Lexus & Acura NSX
GTLM - BMW M8

Come on Scaley, I know you wanna :banana-dance: :dance:
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racer944 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Racer944

Postby Lou E » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Action Express all the way!!!!

Pretty cool seeing the list of all the different csrs, thank you for taking the time to put it all together.
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:17 am

Hi Eric,

Yes, I hear you on the underneath part; no disagreement there, but on the surface, this:

Sort of looks like this:

And this:

Sort of looks a lot like this:

You see a reasonable number of both of these marque's street versions in the good weather.

But, to me, this:

Doesn't look like any GT car that I've seen so far on the streets (required homologation models excluded). The Ford is a racer; down-tuned in limited quantities, as required, for the street. The other two are street cars up-tuned for racing. It's just too apples and oranges for me to think it's an even competition. Having said that, the Corvettes may yet upstage the Fords this season, we'll just have to wait and see............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:39 am

I miss the drive to Sebring since leaving Florida. Just think, next year two races 12 hour races back to back
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:00 am

I love the GT cars. Anyone know of any free TV coverage of the race?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am

A finalized broadcast schedule for the 66th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring has been set by FOX.
After a few adjustments were made to the original schedule, the second round of IMSA's WeatherTech SportsCar Championship series will air on March 17 starting on FOX Sports 1 at 10:30 a.m. ET for the opening two hours of the event before shifting to FOX Sports 2 at 12:30. The race will continue on FS2 until 3:40 p.m.
The middle portion of the event will be carried via live streaming on the FOX Sports Go app through 6 p.m., and the final five hours of the broadcast will be carried on FS2.
IMSA.com will host live onboard camera views and timing and scoring information throughout the race for its U.S. audience, and for international viewers, the entire 12-hour race will be streamed on the series' website.
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:57 am

Cool Poster :text-bravo:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:04 pm

I did the support races at Sebring in '02 & '03....
Some of the best race stories - that don't involve any racing!

2002 was the first year we went and many people don't realize that racing at Sebring starts on Tuesday for testing... So you go out and pound around for 2-3 sessions on Tuesday and 2-3 more on Wednesday and by the end of it - you know what the place looks like in terms of land marks and coloring etc. Thursday morning for the first official day - you start seeing the people come in. We went out early in the morning for practice and there were a few thousand people all around the track. It didn't look much different other than a new camper flag pole here/there.... our second session was around 7 Thursday evening - an absolutely gorgeous evening..... On the out lap you notice more people than before and more flag poles with BMW flags - Ferrari flags..... There's a short straight on the way to the hairpin and I'm looking down the road... In my peripheral vision I pick up something was different and looked over - but I couldn't see anything at that point. So you make a mental note to look over the next time around.....
If you know that stretch there's a bridge over the track at the start of the straight..... So I'm trying to keep the car out of the grass at 90mph and as soon as I'm under that bridge I'm looking right to figure out what changed...
There's a 28' sailboat dry-docked along the fence with men and woman in their "bathing suits" dancing on the deck......... It was a surreal moment... A sailboat - in the middle of a racetrack... You sort of realize at that point you're at an event - or.... a crazy 3 day party is more what it is...

The next best story is the party bus that is in constant circulation around the track - and stops randomly to let people get out and dance... Or the hot tub caddy - 2 guys took an old convertible caddy and waterproofed it.... So it would retain the water... and drove it around. If they needed to move pedestrians out of the way the guy would just tap the break and splash water all over the place to move people..

Many fond memories of the 12hr weekend... Most are R rated and above though!
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge