Good news/Bad news

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Good news/Bad news

Postby seal666 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Been out of commission for last 6 mo. Good news is surgery,chemo has the bad stuff in check but don't have 100% function of left hand. Bad news is I have developed lupus, which in my case is attacking my joints and draining me of energy. May limit my banjo and guitar playing, we shall see.

I have been following along, glad to see , Mr. Kennedy bounced back. If you ever want to race on a small home track and are still in nj, contact me.

Mr. Taylor and all the others continue to amaze me with their building skills, your an inspiration.

Used the hobby as a kind of therapy, though limited in some physical motion, assessed some of the things I did wrong when building my track table. Worked with my daughter teaching her carpentry and painting skills. Had a great time doing so, except we have vastly different tastes in music.
seal666

Re: Good news/Bad news

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Well it's just good to see you. Thanks for checking in.

The gang here will do their best to keep the Slot Therapy going. Won't we guys?

Hang in there sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:21 pm

I understand the therapy aspect, did that two years ago with my son.

Keep at it. One day is not the rest of your life. You never know what will be. Hang in there and keep slotting.
And treasure the time with your daughter. Interesting gifts are sometimes wrapped other than we expect.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:24 pm

My wife and I have been fighting her Lupus for over 20 years now. I hear you loud and clear.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Broman62 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 pm

We sure will!!!! Take one day at a time and get that controller in the right hand sir...HRW is great therapy!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:12 pm

For me , i will concentrate on the good news and hope for more of it for you.
All the best ,
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Sounds like great news, in that you can come on here and tell us about it! I know we all can help with the slot therapy for sure. As Harry and the guy's have said, hang in there, and keep a good spirit. we will be pulling for you all the way!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm

seal666,

I have not had lupus and don’t envy you that one, but have gone through the rest (plus other stuff).. Getting old can suck and one handed decaling can be a real challenge (did that about 18 months ago when I blew up my shoulder). When my left hand went too far South to play guitar any more, I went to paying lap steel and I’ve found it very rewarding. Every Saturday night my son and his friend come over and we play r&r ‘TIL the wee hours. Does cut into my modeling time a bit since I have to learn new songs.

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Man! I just saw this. I hope you get to feeling better quick and we are always happy to help with slot car therapy!

The Doctor is IN!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby seal666 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Just want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and support. The positivity and encouragement mean a great deal and really help. May have to take Val suggestion and look at other musical instruments, used to take my guitar and banjo to the pediatric oncology ward and entertain the kids.
I may have to ask for help with some projects, we will see how things progress./ regress

thanks everyone
Bob E
seal666

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge