[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - waaytoomuchintothis call you out..

waaytoomuchintothis call you out..

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

waaytoomuchintothis call you out..

Postby ourwayband » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm

I know I shouldn't do this but I am what I am.... :D
Rob shared with me,after some prodding ,his new build.You guys here are great builders,but this just blew me away..
I'm hoping Rob will share a couple of pictures of his latest build..Not a slot car but way cool..It is one of the coolest axes I've seen.I'll leave the pictures up to him..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: waaytoomuchintothis call you out..

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Oh?

Why wasn't I notified?!!! :naughty:

Ok whippersnapper, lets see it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Whoa...that’s hot. Well done sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 pm

OK Rob, now who's going to record some riffs so we can hear it in action? Perhaps a rendition of George Harrison's 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby btaylor » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:58 am

Beautiful work Rob! But im think EC,s "crossroads".

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby FootScoot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Great guitar Rob! Nicely equipped too. What kind of tuners did you use?
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 pm

They are locking tuners, Ken. I can't help it- I'm going to go on and on about this...

By the time I was gathering the last bits and bobs for this thing, I was going first class no matter what. So, they are British locking tuners, I forgot the name already. They are amazing. You want to restring the guitar again, its so much fun. Did you see the tiny switches on the triple-shot rings? Series/parallel/in phase/out of phase plus 4 more positions, all on double dual pickups. That neck is one piece solid rosewood and I carved the profile and radius for my hand. The wood is hard enough that there is no finish on it at all. The headstock is made from the same block as the neck, and the trussrod is side access. The frets are stainless steel with my own pyramidal profile, and the inlay is natural pearl. The nut is Tusq. The body is chambered as much as I could while keeping it strong enough to do its job. Any tone just rings forever. Much longer than an acoustic. Like I say, I decided to go full-on Cadillac on it, no matter how long it took to afford the pieces one at a time and put it all together. I'm only going to do this once (I'm 67), and this is it for me. Of all the instruments I made over the years from dulcimers to banjos to guitars, they have all been acoustic. This thing was complicated! It was going to be this, or a harp. But it was a lot of fun, even if I had to study and consult an electrical engineer when I did custom wiring on the push-pull pots and 5 position switch.

Hey Bob, I'm hoping to learn Robert Johnson's Crossroads, and an old New Orleans bluesy version of St. James Infirmary. I have an eye on some good ol' Leon Redbone stuff from the 1920s, too. "Big Chief Buffalo Nickel", "My Walking Stick", etc.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge