TGIF! Busy Month

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF! Busy Month

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:42 am

It's been a heck of a week, not to mention the month!

The big Showdown was a great time and really happy with all the folks that showed and entered. It was a great time meeting new faces and having just one heck of a race! :auto-checkeredflag:

Lot of news coming in for the new year ahead. As it unfolds I'll do my best to keep up. Sure appreciate those of you helping out in that regard.

Also thanks to those who have donated to HRW in the recent days. Certainly is greatly appreciated. As I expand the photo hosting space, it helps out a great deal.

I like seeing all the building and new track progress you guys have been posting. Have some fresh parts to try out myself and look forward in getting back to the bench myself.

Birthday party for our granddaughter tomorrow...big BBQ and of course the kids enjoy their time in "Papaw's Laboratory" :)

Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend and find some slot car time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! Busy Month

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 am

Cruising with the wife to Chicago for a long (and chilly) weekend. So no slotting for me. Unless I can locate a shop in downtown Chicago around the loop. :D :D
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm SO glad it's friday.... my new BRM Mustang arrived this morning.

And Bruce has it's running mate ordered.... Lennox #76 Camaro.

Monogram Galaxie white kit and a crap load of tires also arrived.

Let it snow... let it snow... oh it already is... hahaha
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 pm

TGIF For sure! been a long week around here. I did get some slotting plus guides in ( 8 total) so I can fix some of my custom projects that need attention. Also picked up a matchbox Bugatti type 59 kit. it came in todays mail, so I have another new build venture. Rain forecast for Sunday, so another chance to break out all the old sports cars on the analog track! should be a slot weekend around here for sure.
Hope all are well, and have a great weekend whatever you may be doing.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Well the temp here is minus 14 celcius with a colder wind chill to minus 24.
Snow on the ground, more to come. In the morning heading to the Capital City of Ottawa , then drive home Sunday in a snow storm , then Wednesday heading to Toronto yes in a snowstorm. Thursday, flying out to Mexico. I just hope i can get my old bones thawed out and enjoy some sun and surf.
Hopefully come back with more energy to finish the man cave off.
On a friendlier note our Eastern groundhog bit the newscaster this morning. Guess he didnt like getting up in the cold lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby FootScoot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:33 pm

It’s been a crazy week for me. I found out roofs are not good for me. Too old for roof walking. Didn’t think I was going to be able to get down but I over came the challenge. No more of that stuff.

I heard about the groundhog biting the the newscaster. I guess he wasn’t in the mood to be messed with.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge