[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Looking back on 2017

TGIF - Looking back on 2017

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF - Looking back on 2017

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:27 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Looking back on 2017

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 am

A final thank you to all the vendors here at HRW.

From donations to product review support, and most importantly YOUR presence here in the forum announcing product news and helping the folks.

You all have your favorites. Each one is here is simply the best our hobby has.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:51 pm

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Hick maybe, unrefined I’d argue that but coming from someone who thinks the same of themselves the same :text-thankyouyellow: Thank you for providing a place for all us hicks to hang out :dance: I was involved with another hobby website that went mainly FB and I couldn’t care less about it anymore :violence-smack: . Website has little to no traffic and I haven’t visited in months :naughty: keep up the good work Harry it’s much appreciated, I would absolutely cry if the same happened to HRW :angry-soapbox:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Harry -

I really appreciate HRW and your efforts. It is a GREAT place! As for me, I don't do Facebook or any other social media. That's by choice.

We are fortunate to have many great slot car manufacturers at the present time. Regarding the manufacturers, I'm really impressed with what Scaley has done the last year and a half or so. For home racing, I really like the "feel" of their cars the best. Obviously you have got some inside information regarding the 2018 models from Scaley.....I was already thnking to myself I can't wait to see what they got coming. For one, looking forward to their version of the Ford GT. And Slot it, well, it's Slot it. I agree that's the best bang for the buck with what you get. Fantastic cars!

Thanks to all the vendors here! I'm pretty sure I have done business with all of you. You all are fantastic!

I really enjoy reading what all the members have to say here on the forum. What a great group we have!

Thanks again Harry (I'm sure the General has a LOT to do with it too ;-) !!!)
-gary
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:36 pm

Yes Harry thank you. I’m small potatoes anymore and I don’t have the cars I used to have. I buy them once in a while. I did manage to get 2 Javelins which I’m impressed with and a Falcon Slot Porsche 908/3. Not alot but better than none. This is the only forum I go to. If I could I would donate funds, but alas that is not feasible.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 pm

I am not a facebooker, and doubt I ever will be. Just not happy with the interface and just feel there is too much personal info . I am happy to have this forum and thank all who contribute.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 am

You will never find me on MyFace (or whatever it is). Every morning, after I read the news (no morning TV here, and I have the paper delivered) I go to HRW for the important news to start my day. You have nurtured this site into the friendliest site about slot cars on the web. The information here is top notch and newbies can feel welcome. Can't use both of those descriptions in the same sentence when talking about other WWW destinations. I appreciate your efforts, and wish you many more years of success.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 am

What is Facebook???
This is a great bunch of people here. There is a reason the site is on my top 5 list.

Here's to 2017, and hoping that this golden age of slots is enjoyed by many more in 2018.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 am

After having 2017 start off with a pain in the rearend (had an airgun shoved up my fanny perpendicular to get several soil samples), it was great to get onto the HRW site for some educational therapy for slotcars and other things concerning what they found in my differential area. Yes this is a great site and has some really great folks here that can really help you out. Now if only I could find the time to complete a slotcar project before I start a new one, and kick this problem they found in my differential.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 am

KUDOS to Harry :clap:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:32 pm

2017 around here was the year of That Just Can't Happen disasters. Crazy stuff. Nothing dangerous, but several times of great sadness and/or loss in many ways. I have been told for years that at my age I can expect people I know to die more often than before in my life, but but there were a cluster of them this year. Scary to think I would have said that at least three of them were in better shape than me. Aside from folks dying, there were favorite trees on the property that were killed by incompetent chainsaw clowns cutting for line clearance out at the street, freak storms of a type that doesn't happen here (derecho, for cryin' out loud? sounds Spanish-ish to me, not Virginia), the old track I lovingly restored that began turning to dust and had to be junked, lost things I built, etc. Stuff that just can't happen. Next year has got to be a great year to offset this one and achieve balance. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Another great year for slots here on HRW!

I am not on Facebook (I do sell things like bodies and inserts, chassis, and decals, so it is a natural I guess that I should join). Maybe one day . . .

Anyway I think you are right on the money - Facebook is like "short attention span theater" - A wide river but more shallow - The message board is really a much better format for the hobbyist who appreciates and wants to learn from the others in the hobby.

Looking forward to 2018!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Broman62 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:48 pm

This is my one and only “social media” forum and Thanks to Harry and the General for all their hard work, time and resources to have this great place...it’s my happy place!!

And we do have a great wealth of fenders here also...thanks so much for all you do and supply to us!! Looking forward to 2018 for new and exciting products coming down the pike!!!

We have an awesome group of slotters here and I too look forward to reading, looking and learning new things everyday that are posted...I may not comment on a lot but I’m viewing and taking in 8-) !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2018!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge