[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! - Relax a little

TGIF! - Relax a little

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: TGIF! - Relax a little

Postby ccobra » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:01 am

I need to get busy finishing up some car bodies that were started. Especially since it has turned off cool out here now. I also need to slap on some new PG's to see if the 917 I just got will track better. The original tires that were mounted on the Slot Wings 917 were a little hard to my liking. Besides, I need a break after starting a new job with the VA which has had me reading up on the SOPs for the JOBs along with the MOUSE's. In other words I have to get used to the acronyms again after being away from them for so long.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 am

It just started snowing a short while ago here on the balmy shore of Long Island Sound. I promised to take a look at a friend's HO car, so I guess I should do that before I need to clear my driveway. I already made sure that my snow blower would start. I suppose that I could also do my Christmas cards.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:59 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:23 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Rob, last week I asked you to send some warm weather up to NH...

So what do I get? That dang white stuff you show in your picture... Thanks a lot!! :?

I know we're getting old, but I really thought you knew what I meant when I said "warm".... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Oh, like accueil chaleureux. I get it now. So close to Quebec... Christian is rubbing off on you, Dickie.

Seriously, when I lived in London, Ontario, our weather was nearly the same as it is here, the winter just lasted a lot longer... and they were so polite, eh!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby historiceng » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I enjoy this thread about your weekends and weather, Bryony (my wife) and me, did a simultaneous sigh when we saw your picture "waaaytoo much..."

Here on the English south coast the snow is nudging down close but pretty unlikely to come to much. Temp has been close to freezing over the last 10 days or so. Whilst it is a little warmer here on the coast, it actually feels really cold, I guess from the damp in the air from the sea which mostly surrounds Purbeck, we are almost an island.

I am pretty tied up finishing a 1:1 Alvis Grey Lady for a customer at the moment, but hoping to make a start tomorrow on my second chassis build, this time for one of Harry's wonderful Ford bodies.
Incidentally, I have a 1:1 Turner 950 s chassis in the workshop at the moment, this car has spent most of it's time in America racing before being re imported to the uk. The chassis is a very sturdy 3" tube frame. I think it would make a great scratchbuild slot car. Can post photos if anyone would like.

Have a great weekend.
(Thanks for having me as part of this group, slot cars aside, it is great to see and hear your seasons preparations, it rubs of a little in our home too).
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Incidentally, I have a 1:1 Turner 950 s chassis in the workshop at the moment, this car has spent most of it's time in America racing before being re imported to the uk. The chassis is a very sturdy 3" tube frame. I think it would make a great scratchbuild slot car. Can post photos if anyone would like. Eric

Eric
Sounds like your enjoying the units your working on. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:
When you get a chance please do post some pic's OK :text-thankyouyellow:
THANK YOU !!

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Just enough snow to cover the ground here.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 pm

No snow here, but had a chance to get some shopping done for The General.

Hope she likes it. This set me back almost a $20 spot. :)

Fun part of the night was watching the "Grinch" (Jim Carrey Version) and our youngest granddaughter seen how I laughed at little Cindy Lou Who's hair...so she made Grandma give her a style of her own.

So had a fun time with family.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Love the Cindy Lou hair! I do that to my back hair on Christmas Eve...

50+ today and NO snow in sight. I may have to mow soon. Isn't this Colorado? The Jeeps are getting bored.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby historiceng » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:46 am

hahaha Harry! Bryony and I laughed about the ring ....hehe :D :D
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:23 am

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:24 am

...and it's one size fits all.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: ...that is one of the funniest things I have ever read/saw here on HRW...ABSOLUTE CLASSIC HARRY :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

And “Cindy Lou” looks beautifully spot on!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge