[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! - Relax a little

TGIF! - Relax a little

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF! - Relax a little

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 am

Been a busy week with lot of reviews and site updates. Time to relax a little.

Back to work on my Showdown Sportsman Ford today. Tomorrow head out to see our wee ones for a Christmas parade of lights.

Then back home and hope to sling some paint on a couple cars!

Hope all of you have a safe and fun weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! - Relax a little

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:29 am

Looks like beer and shots for you there. :)

Working on the finishing touches of our kitchen remodel then hopefully finish the track table so I can start laying down some Carrera track.

Possibly some Columbus Zoo lights in our weekend with the kid and nieces and nephews.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 am

I'm on vacation not going to do a darn thing... after I get that honey-do-list done lol
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Sleeting here. Winter finally showed up after a long warm Autumn. Just in time for me to have another episode with my heart, dammit. I suspect it does this as soon as there is any threat of snow shovelling in the offing.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FC47 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Yes! Relax a little and keep that heart away from the shovel!

Winter begins arriving here over the next few days they say.
After I finish redoing a 100+ yr old floor in my 170 yr old 'house of corrections',"
Tidy up some Christmas stuff,.. it'll be back to starting the three-lane here.

Enjoy the weather with some trigger time!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks. A friend of mine in Memphis bought a fine old house that appeared to be in remarkable, original condition in 1981. He and his wife moved into one bedroom and the kitchen and spent over a year finding out how wrong they were about the condition of the old house. It was original, all right. Nothing had ever been modernized, renewed, fixed, etc. Imagine pulling all new wiring through a two-story, six bedroom house built in 1922! He had a pile of the old "spool and tie" insulators and ancient braided silk wire in his back yard that was impressive by the time he was done. He and I learned how to match sheetrock to plastered walls that summer. Huge job. Anyway, he had a marker board in his basement with the tools that listed what there was to do a step at a time. The title of the board at the top was "House of Corrections".

Do you have old gaslight pipes to remove? Be very careful if you do.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Jesla » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Watching it snow....

...while I get ready for a visit from Howie and Silver Helmet on Monday.

Also making time to run the new Carrera Wrecker and Tanker. :auto-swerve:
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm

You're welcome man,
Funny and not funny right, HOC. Knob and tube is gone, proper amenities, solid, mix of lath and sheetrock. Dated though-and going to finish putting the kitchen and pantry back to late 1800's,
Gr gr grandfather built it, wife was a Mohawk squaw. 8 room farmhouse on a river.

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

TGIF! - Relax a little

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Get home, kiss the missus and get back to casting. The orders stacked UP this week while gone.

Also boxing up the 2017 TA proxy cars and prizes for their trip home.

The neighborhood is getting together to make tamales. Let me actually restate that: the ladies in the neighborhood are making the tamales - the gentlemen will be at my house racing on Sunday. Looking VERY forward to this as it will be their first time getting to play on the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Weather people calling for 5" snow for tomorrow night, hope they're wrong, but got the snow blower ready to go just in case.
Do have plans to race at Sick Puppy tomorrow night, so hope the snow doesn't pile up too quick...
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby slothead » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Plans are to get the RMS Dodge Dart body mounted on the Carerra Mustang chassis and work on it to knock about two tenths of a second off it's qualification time. With luck I'll get up in the attic this weekend and get some primer on it. The unfinished attic is the only place I have that's warm enough to paint cars from November - April, where the overspray and toxic fumes won't harm anyone or thing.

Then test drive some '66-'72 Le Mans type cars in preparation for the Solo International Proxy I'll be hosting 2 races for in the new year.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Been working on a few old HO cars this past week. Managed to finish the Chevy van I had been working on. Still working on the midget.
Tomorrow morning I'm looking at a new Dodge Challenger. Not sure if I will buy it or not. Depends on price and trade in. Cars are like potato chips, they'll make more.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:22 pm

We're at 3 inches and still coming down. Our snowfall this time has been kept fairly shallow by having periods of sleet and freezing rain all along. Looking for 6 inches total by morning, but 41 degrees on Sunday.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Czar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:53 am

Weather guesser on TV predicted 1 - 2 inches of snow by afternoon, yesterday. It snowed all day yesterday, then tapered off during the night. Woke up today to 11" of snow at our house this morning, and it is still snowing! I may be getting close to 90 years old, but that first snowstorm is always magical. I even enjoy shoveling snow. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale during my first year in college. I really missed having a winter that year - it was just unnatural. So today will be pretty relaxed. I live on a private lane , so I will get that shoveled off, and then I plan to do a little work on my track while I convert back to analog from Carrera digital. Then some tea and a session tying up some flies to trick the trout.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge