[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF

TGIF

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 am

It has been a challenging week for some of our slot-friends. We wish them the best for the future and hope they stick around our hobby and old HRW. :auto-checkeredflag:

Not much on the review front so have had time to cast some bodies. Some have been asking and finally had the chance to cook :)

Heading this weekend to visit the kiddos up in St Louie. Was told I was allowed a trip to Mark Twain Hobbies, so I am sure to find a toy or three? :music-rockout:

Tonight I am tuning two Scalextric Legends and will road test. When it comes to just relaxing and enjoying a slot car, the sight of these cars is hard to beat.

Sunday it's back to SHOWDOWN build mode!!

Hope all of you have a great weekend. And if you are traveling, be safe and enjoy the ride.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Got a HOST race tomorrow morning. Also might catch some racing with the Sick Puppy crew tomorrow night. Been awhile since I raced with these guys, so looking forward to it.
Last week's 24 hour race has gotten me stoked again. Since I've been unemployed the past couple weeks (starting new job on Monday), I've been able to do a bit of tuning the cars again, and been having fun doing that. It's funny how quick things come back... :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Sad news From Dave K. He will be missed as far as Carrera goes. I'm sure he'll still chime in here, hopefully. On a brighter note. It's Birthday weekend, woo hoo. I will be making a "How to" video for the Carrera DTM series. Enjoy your weekend.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Yeah, kinda bummed about Dave, might tinker with a few Carrera's...
...and hoping the wrecker arrives this month.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Without putting personal life details on public places, after the past month this was a Great Friday. So yes THANK GOD IT`S FRIDAY
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Broman62 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Just not right hearing about DK :mad: :mad: If the weather is crappy like their predicting it will be Slot caving all weekend...plenty of projects in the works!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:32 am

Been a strange week here also after getting back from a Gold Mine in Guyana. i turned in my notice there so yesterday was my last day there so I can move on. what was weird was they let eleven people go due to there being no work in sight. I'll be starting a new job at the local VA which should give me more Slot Car time for the old job had me traveling one way for over an hour one way and then loose a couple hours on Doctor trips. Looking forward to the increase of slot car time.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm

And just like that something truly different ends up here.

Nothing like a new set. Especially one with the right kind of cars. :flags-waveusa:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 pm

ccobra- Since 1966, Guyana has been dependent on topsoil gold. What are they going to do now?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ccobra » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:59 pm

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Damn.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge