HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: WTHeyy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 pm

WHAT?!?!?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Well crap that is bad news. My best to Dave in future endeavors. He brought many good things to us and Carrera.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Sad news, hope Dave's abilities lead to him getting picked up by a company that appreciates and rewards his abilities. Would like to know what the facts behind this are. Not sure what Carrera is possibly going to do that they can do better without Dave.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Yes. Can't thank Dave enough.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Junior » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Sad, Dave was (is) a great ambassador for the hobby. We wouldn't gotten some of the great 57's without his influence/persistence. Best wishes to him and his family.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby docdoom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Well that just blows right before the Holidays. Been there my self not fun at all. Best wishes to him and his family
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:24 pm

I certainly hope Dave gets sorted out super quickly.

From everything I've seen and heard over the last 6 or 7 years, he'll be missed at Carrera.

Incidentally, should I know what 'WTHeyy' is in the topic title? Some sort of modern safe code chat speak? I Google searched it and got this:-
wThey. both believe that societal progress and societal problems can be solved through the application of science and technology. 3)x .

Eh?

Weird, it is, Randy.

Jules
GHYeeyTYr
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:37 pm

"What The Hey?" Euphemism for "What the h*ll?" Expressing surprise as well as anger... I predict an unexpected boom for Scalextric at the holidays. Carrera may have trouble getting their containers into port- suspicion of contamination maybe?

Ever heard of a Japanese Inspection? Imported produce that rots on the dock because the inspectors take an extra long time to come check it out?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby mattb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 am

Evidently Carrera may be thinking that a big effort in America is a waste of money and time. Maybe they are willing to take what they can get without any effort and let the other manufacturers have the rest of US sales.

I opened this thread by accident and I guess the rest of you guys opened it out of curiousity. If it had been titled as Dave Kennedy/Carrera, I'm sure there would be 3 times the posts as there currently is with the secret code words that are used in the title.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 am

Caught wind of this from Facebook. Not sure of any details and honestly it is probably none of our business. From my short time on this board, Dave Kennedy has been a great help and he obviously has been an advocate and dare I say an expert about what the customer is interested in. But I also see that most folks here are generally happy to CREATE.
I 100% wish Dave Kennedy all the best and hope that he finds another job that will value his talent.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:40 am

Hey guys, no secret code. I felt that the title was more appropriate for a family oriented board than the other WT_ saying. Also this topic was titled: "A sad day" in it's original posting on SCI.

Cheers
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:42 am

There you go, Matt. Easy fix.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby frank9129 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Dave,
The prayers of Crab Alley Speedway are with you.
Hang in there Dude.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Without Dave, Carrera would not be what it is today in the US, shame on them if they don’t realize it. Christmas is coming, no Carrera on my list...

I had the pleasure of meeting Dave back when he was with SCX, he is one of those people you instantly like, and are comfortable around. Definitely the kind of ambassador this hobby needs, hopefully there’s another brand who took notice of what he did with Carrera and has him do the same for them.
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge