[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - WTHeyy

WTHeyy

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: WTHeyy

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:19 pm

I'll add my surprise as well to this news. Dave seemed to be a real promoter of the brand, as well as insight to the American Market for them. Will be interested in exactly what direction they are going that would require a move such as this.

More importantly I wish the best for Dave and his future employment. I hope he finds something that he wants ASAP, and that it turns out to be better then what he had.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtribefan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:50 pm

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Dave at the National Corvette Museum last year as he set up a Carrera demo track. He is a great guy who was happy to take time to hear about our track and even gave us a Carrera table bunting to put around our home track.

We wish him the best in his job search, hope he stays in the slot-car business, and that we can cross paths again some day. The world really needs more people like him!
oldtribefan

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Forgive this non-slot reply but... I've gotten a part time photographer job at a paper I had wanted to work at for quite a long time.

Years ago, when I started as a staff photographer in Danville Pa, that paper competed in a coverage area with The Press-Enterprise in Bloomsburg Pa. They were known as a very good photo paper. The photographers were top knotch and (more importantly) they used tons of photos and they used the photos exactly as the photographers would submit them to the editors (which is nearly unheard of in the newspaper business). So today I was officially hired as a part time shooter on the staff. It's work in a field where I had quite a long career before working in the slot industry. So I'm quite happy.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 pm

You deserve to be in a job where you can both enjoy yourself and excel. Thanks for your time and contributions to the slot idiots in the world. You were always someone whose trusted news and voice were greatly appreciated. Best of luck to you.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Congrats Dave, I wish you the best. Happy to hear you are in a field you enjoy.
Thank you for your passion for slots, hope to see more of your photography passion.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 am

Dave, that is really great news and I am very happy for you.

I will miss drooling over, and anxiously awaiting the arrival, of cars I initially had no intention of buying until seeing them photographed by you.
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowshoes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 am

slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:38 am

Good to hear that you landed a job that you can be passionate about. Your photos here were always top notch. I have a clear memory of the corvette pictures you posted. They were awesome.

When one door close another opens. I hope this opened door allows you, above all else, to be happy going to work every day

Best of luck for your future, and keep posting on the leisure side of this hobby.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Dave - that is great news! Hope that you still drop in here on occasion to share pictures, etc!
Hope 2018 treats you well! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge