[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A sad experience

A sad experience

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

A sad experience

Postby walker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:11 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: A sad experience

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:19 am

Is it possible that the bodies have a thin plastic protective layer on the outside of the body that you remove after painting it? Not saying it is but that might be the tiny bubbles you are seeing. Scratch at it.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:29 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 am

Well, as long as I have been using vacuformed bodies, since 1968, I have never had a protective layer on one.
Roland[/quote]

I have, that's why I asked. Sometimes you have to scratch at it pretty good, sometimes it's hard to tell it's even on there. And if they put the lexan upside down when they molded the body the thin plastic layer would be on the inside and maybe why there are bubbles in it. Just a thought.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 am

Well, of course my raw lexan sheets are covered with protective foil as well.

But leaving it on during vacuforming ? Would mean it has the same characteristics as Lexan. But it hasn´t.

Could you please tell me the firm which sells vacuformed Lexan shells with protective foil ?

Regards,

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:58 am

Sad indeed !
Do the producers of this garbage even look or care what is being sent out.
I'd send them back and tell the creator they owe you postage.
Keep us posted.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am

Bruce must have been having a bad day to put those shells in a box and post them...and take your money.

Feel for you Roland, I have nothing to offer except support.

I have bought a few of his bodies over the years and they were not great but that toady looking one is a beauty.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 am

I thank you all for your understanding.

It is for sure not the money that makes me sad.

It is the way Mr. Paterson deals with people, even when they are customers. Bad quality, unfriendly replies that let you feel you were the guilty one who made the mistake. Not the tiniest sign of excuse.
I have never ever had such an unscrupulousness in business before, especially not in my hobbies.

Well, he seems to need that to be happy and to become rich - so I am glad having been able to help him on his looong way there.

God only knows what guzzles his soul.

And bless him nevertheless.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 am

paint that toad car green, I bet the kids will love it

you know the saying, turn a lemon into lemonade lol
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RichD » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:10 am

I have some HO Lexan bodies that have a peel off layer. The first time that I painted one I was not aware that the layer was there, I only discovered it when I went to trim the body. Those bodies look terrible. If you can find a princess to give them a kiss perhaps they will turn into something that looks better.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:54 pm

I have purchased many decals from Bruce and have always found him to be of good character.

Just wondering out loud here, as that toad shell is unbelievable as it sits and I can't believe anyone would think a person wouldn't have an issue with it. Could high altitude flying or something else cause the plastic to bubble in flight??? Again I have no idea, but just looking for something to explain why this shell is in such poor condition. I think this package was in transit for a long time as well wasn't it. I am just wondering if somewhere in the transportation process this package was exposed to something that caused this. Are we using some scanning technology in our hunt for explosives that some how reacts with Lexan. Sounds pretty far out there, but heck maybe something happened to cause this.

Maybe sitting in the Hot Australian sun and then 30,000 fit in less then 20 minutes or something?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 am

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge