TGIF - Molds & Models & The weekend

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF - Molds & Models & The weekend

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 am

TGIF folks! What a busy week around the Ye Olde Skunkworks!

Not that we don't have enough to do, but Doc over at RMS Resins is shipping my Monte. Finally a bowtie that we needed to make some great classic race cars.

One of the latest from ShapeShifter Resins is in the soup and almost ready for serving!

And a box arrived from Scalextric so we have plenty of reviews to do. Nothing that in depth, we have seen them before. But well worth talking about.

Hope all of you have a great weekend and find some slot time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Molds & Models & The weekend

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

Yeah!!! Friday! My Carrera 917 Gulf livery showed up last night, hope to give it a spin.
The Kitchen remodel however is taking all my time, however going to sneak out to the local high school football game tonight (homecoming). then back to the Kitchen.
Looking forward to the news resin bodies from RMS and and ShapeShifter.

Happy Friday gang!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 am

No casting for me this weekend, I will be chipping all of the 917's that just came in. and of course they will need break in laps. :oops:
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Kind of the same thing for me this weekend. Just cast some Lotus 30 shells, and I built a chassis out of brass. I want to do a Jim Clark car as well as a Fantasy Barc car. Anyone who has built a Lotus 30 knows how shallow the shell is. I used a small FF030 motor in an anglewinder configuration, and it will leave me with enough room to do an interior.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm working on a Mini Cooper. Finally took the plunge and building a brass chassis for this one. Cleaned the gutters earlier today so I'll be ready for the coming rain.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 pm

I've started two major big jobs today. I have disassembled quite a bit of the track, and I am sorting all my 1/32nd cars. This sorting hasn't been done in 10 years. For years, they have been sorted by several criteria all at the same time, completely schizoid. If I can ever get this done, I hope to have all the boxes sorted by classes of racing, such as today, with 4 boxes of Trans Am, with subdivisions for Ford/Mercury, Chevrolet, AMC/Mopar, and U2, which may be two boxes, but I can't tell yet because the U2 cars are distributed across 4 boxes in the old system. There's one box I have been adding to for years and years, labelled "Little Guys". There are a lot of U2 cars in there. The boxes are 24"x6"x14", so they hold roughly 45 cars on average, except the Little Guys box, that has well over 100 Minis, NSUs, Abarths, Trabants, Renaults, etc. Its torture visiting these cars I like so much and the track is down for repair! At some point soon, the 5 boxes of NASCAR from several eras will be a huge piece of work. I've decided to sell the modern (1974 and newer) NASCARS, they just don't appeal to me anymore. The LMP1 & LMP2 plus GT1 and GT2 will be a party all day, probably next week.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge