[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Anyone hear from ModellerBob

Anyone hear from ModellerBob

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Anyone hear from ModellerBob

Postby padirtfan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am

I haven't seen any posts from him lately and I know he's in Florida somewhere, hopefully safe.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Anyone hear from ModellerBob

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:10 pm

He lives just south and west of Daytona Beach. I have also not seen any recent posts from him. He's a great guy. I've raced at his track a couple of times.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:26 pm

I've exchanged some PM's with ModllerBob recently - I sent him 6 Trans Am cars to try out and do time trials for on his track. He gave me an initial report and asked if he could do some tuning on a few of them so I told him to have at it.

As of about a week ago he was fine and having fun - hopefully he still is.

Slothead.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby bigman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:46 am

GUYS
Lets just hope our slot car brother has his head above water OK. :!:
The Sunshine State has been hit hard. :violence-smack:
Millions of people don't have power :idea: , many even don't have a home to go back to either. :scared-eek:
Hope to hear from him when he has power :idea: , I'm sure he'll let us know how he is doing in the future. :pray:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 pm

I assume there's still no word on him?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby munter » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:20 am

Following this
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 am

The power map still shows his area in the outage zone.
I hope thats all it is.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Czar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:22 am

I'll be honest, I am getting rather worried about ModellerBob. I know he lives in an area that has not had all the electricity restored, but after this length of time, I am sure he has had access to some form of power whether it is in a community center or some other public facility. I also accept that he may (probably to almost certainly) have bigger things on his mind than HRW. But I have long had the impression that this board and many of its members are a very special and important part of his life. He knows there are people here who genuinely care about him as a person, and for his well-being. I honestly think he would have checked in (at least by PM) with someone on HRW. We all know he has some significant health challenges as the result of being the victim of a horrible accident making him less mobile. I don't want to be an alarmist, but the longer the silence, the more ominous it becomes. Is there no one from this community that lives near enough to check on him? Does anyone have a contact number they could call? I really hope we hear some good news soon.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm

I am worried as well and just realized I cannot find his phone number!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Czar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:57 am

I tried to call Holly Hills slot cars (The Race Place) last night, but I didn't get an answer. Holly Hills is a shop that Bob has mentioned several times, and is right on the edge of Daytona, near where I think he lives. I was hoping they might know something, even though I considered it a long shot. They didn't answer the phone, but it was around 9:00 PM. I will call today in the early afternoon to see if I can learn anything new. I do not know if Holly Hills is back in operation after storm, but I can not think of any other possible contact. If anyone has any ideas, please post.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 am

I tried again to contact the Race Place, but no answer. I hope Bob contacts us soon.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:11 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kemtronracer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:59 pm

I called Garold, a friend of Bob's who lives nearby, but he hasn't heard from him in a while. Garold said he would try to reach him over the next few days and see how he's doing. Garold lives a few miles from Bob and didn't get hit too bad from Irma, so hopefully Bob did OK too.
Kemtronracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Anyone hear from ModellerBob - He's OK

Postby Kemtronracer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:28 am

I just heard from Bob; he's OK. Just had minor damage from Irma and no power for 30 hours.
Kemtronracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge