[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kia Soul

Kia Soul

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Kia Soul

Postby Czar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Thinking about a new Kia Soul. Anyone have any positive or negative opinions?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Kia Soul

Postby Pappy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:27 pm

I have a friend who has one and they love it. I'd like to trade in our 2012 Accent for one but need to get some other things paid off first.

We bought a Kia Optima in 2001 and were happy with it.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Shopped for The General couple weeks back. It has good reviews, but she went with the Chevy Trax because she liked the new styling on the front.

But the Kia was strong second. Nice little outfit IMHO.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Did they ever get around to offering an electric 4WD on it?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby GPCruisr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 am

I have a 2010 Kia Soul. Its a nice little utilitarian car. Seats four comfortably and I was able to get a 2ft x 8ft countertop completely inside and close the rear hatch. However, the fuel mileage isn't what I expected, much lower. Just my thoughts, experience.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:16 am

Hi Matt,

Our Accent doesn't get the mileage they said it would either but some lady sued Hyundai and won. Now we get a rebate depending on how many miles we drive each year. A couple of times it's been over a hundred dollars and we are actually happy with the mileage it gets. It's like getting free money and as long as we own the car we keep getting the rebate. And if we sell the car the next owner gets it.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:35 am

I noticed the lower gas milage. That seems a little strange in this day and age. But then, it is just a big box being pushed through the air. However, I have driven nothing but BMW's since 1990 and bing able to buy regular gasoline, instead of premium, will make up for the reduced milage. I did some basic calculations, and the milage loss seems to be about equivalent with adding one more gallon of gas with each tank. This will definitely be may last gasoline powered car.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:41 am

I hope I never have to buy an electric car. I don't think in my lifetime they will get them to the point where they are practical.

They are going to have to put a GPS unit in electric cars or you are going to have to get your odometer read every year so the government can send you a bill for road use taxes.

The only way I can see them working even if they can get the batteries to hold a charge to go three hundred miles is to standardize the batteries in all cars so you can pull into a service station and exchange your battery for one with a full charge and just pay the different between the charge on the one they took out and the one with the full charge.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Kia Soul

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:41 am

I've rented a Soul and my kids looked at them. Decent vehicle for the price and pretty easy to haul gear and people.

Both of my kids did some serious research and ended up with Jeep Patriots. They get 27+ MPG loaded with 700lbs of gear and have 4x4 which is needed in our neck of the woods. In 2014 the Patriots were listed as the SUV with the best TCO.

As for the electric vehicles - I have hundreds of them ;)

Electric isn't practical or desirable for me - I have to go 2000 mikes in 2 days. Have only seen charging stations in a few Locations.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BIG E » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 am

Contact "Mr. Aurora" Bob Beers through his website <auroraslotcarsbobbeers.com>
He's got two KIA Soul cars, both with manual transmissions, the first of which has traversed the United States at least once.
I've done some road trips with him as well. The fuel mileage is very good, and the ride ain't bad either!
The newer one is much more quiet, and more comfortable, too.
Tell him I recommended you to him. Good luck! -- Ernie :>)
Last edited by BIG E on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:04 am

GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Is that the car that is powered by gerbils or have they just been known to drive them? I get confused these days....

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowshoes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 am

My daughter and son in law have a Soul, and it's been trouble free. Great warranty too (though they haven't needed it). ;)
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 am

Companies that offer great warranties kinda know they have a decent product.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 pm

My friend that has one says he'll buy another one when it's time for a new car.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge