[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Too Busy for Slots

Too Busy for Slots

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Too Busy for Slots

Postby strangebrew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Last edited by strangebrew on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Too Busy for Slots

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:09 pm

nice job Mr Brew
the area looks great and a nice relaxing spot to hung out after a days work
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Now that's a deck. I need to strip and re-finish mine. You're making me look lazy at 64 in July.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Wow! You have been busy.

Need another place to work on? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:52 pm

WOW! :o
You've been busy sir!
The results look to speak for themselves as that is a GREAT looking upgrade!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Lou E » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:59 pm

That is some very nice work.
Hope I can be doing that at 70.
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Everything looks fantastic SB...all the work you've down here parallels your work on slot cars... beautimus!!!! Relaxation time then back to slots!! Oh...and I'm HUGE fan of Hostas and Day Lily's and yours look like their coming along nicely...I have tons of both planted all around my property and they are the most beautiful and hearty perennial plants to have!!!!!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:28 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hillbilly » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 am

Nice job on the ponds and deck, rest of your yard looks great also. Really like the raised bed for the tomato plants. hillbilly
hillbilly

Postby RazorJon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 am

Hey Brew, great job Bud, if you want to come out of retirement I see a landscaping job in your future :text-bravo:

Thought you might route an oval around the fish pond :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby chappy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:32 am

Decks , fish ponds, Plants , vegetables , you have a green thumb and then some.
I can't even grow grass. Lol.
And yep I need to,redo,the deck too. Poplar trees grow under it and shift it like yours.
One more summer , if I can just get one more summer out of it.lol
Nice looking job Brew.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:53 am

Brew - I figured you were off racing birds. WOW! Really awesome outdoor space you've created there! Beautiful deck, gardens and pond.

As for your comment about Jane Fonda workouts...I just spit my coffee out. Thanks for a good laugh this morning and enjoy that space!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:14 am

That's awesome work! That's one heck of a May, but June, July and August will be a blast on that lovely deck
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:49 am

I think about slot cars all the time, and always have some slot car related thought or project keeping me going. But, when the weather is nice I just have to get outside and so this time of year the deck out behind the barn becomes the priority. Last week we put in a bunch of new plants and after getting a good price on a display model 32" flat screen TV I just built an outdoor cabinet to keep it in on the deck. I watched the Indy Car Grand Prix from Detroit out there on Saturday. Next, I'll be building a cabinet to go under a new metal table I got at Sam's Club as part of an outdoor kitchen. This all came about because of a show on the local community access cable channel showing how to build an outdoor wood fired pizza oven.

By sometime in July I hope to be watching races, making pizzas, and working on slot cars stuff in the warm night air on the deck. Of course it's also great for napping which I must admit is it's major default activity.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge