[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! - Any Slot Car Plans?

TGIF! - Any Slot Car Plans?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF! - Any Slot Car Plans?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:34 am

Well it has been one busy week. Had all of our family here for a big reunion and today The General and I are back to our "empty nest".

Going to tune on the Carrera Ford GT and work on my 1/25 Hudson chassis.

What about you folks? Any fun slot car plans?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! - Any Slot Car Plans?

Postby alexis in greece » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:46 am

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am

T/A race at Chappys nuf said :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:09 am

Must be vintage 1/32 build weekend! I am building this Aston hopefully. and starting another Indy car in 1/24 scale. It will be the Miller car or STP. not sure on that yet.
Its not like I don't have projects!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:24 am

I plan on getting the rest of my grandstands built, more plaster cloth down and my buddy Tieck is coming over to race Sunday night!

Here is the assembly line:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:46 am

Wow, real cars, real scenery :banana-dance:

Looks good guys.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:15 pm

I am going to finish of the dead strips for the HO door track and get back to work on the Hudson! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Racie35 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm gonna be massaging an scx NASCAR into shape for an upcoming race.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Prepping an old Monogram Bugeye/Frogeye Sprite body. They advertised 1:32 scale but it actually measures 1:29.

It'll be the master for resin cast bodies (length - 4.80", width - 1.83") for the resurrected Sprite Proxy to be held at west coast Canadian and east coast U.S. track hubs in early 2018. The format will be constructing an entry from a supplied "box of parts" including my resin cast body, Slot Car Corner Tuna Classic 16K motor, RS Slot Racing (UK) RSW002 rims (identical to BWA rims) and Paul Gage tires with open chassis construction, metal, plastic or hybrid, at the builder's discretion.

Here's the prototype.

Stay tuned for the proxy announcement, rules and guidelines and related topics beginning in July.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mayberryman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:51 pm

My plans for this weekend is to get ready for next weekend and an extended weekend of racing. On June 10th I will be in Williamsburg, Virginia at the Barn Burners Slot Car Club where we will be racing Trans Am, Can Am and Gp 5 cars on the exciting scale replica of Silverstone Raceway. The next day I am leaving home to go to Moorsville, North Carolina to race with a club there and will be racing Trans Am, Carrera DTMs and Carrera Classics. This will be my first time racing with these people so I do not know anything about the track and will be racing the DTMs and Classics for the first time. One thing about the people in this club is that they know how to enjoy racing while keeping it affordable.

On June 12th I will be annoying my wife with my complaints of lack of sleep and an over taxed old body and wanting to be fed while in bed. Thank you Jenny and most especially thank you for allowing me to stay a kid during our 46 years of marriage.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Continue on the Hudson... got the primer and paint on the body now and chassis is waiting for it to be mounted!!! Hopefully get the chrome parts glued on and interior is about done!! Maybe get a few pics posted and a little (make believe) story behind it or not!!

Some nice pics of others projects in the works!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:33 am

Started the weekend with some Friday night racing with the Bombers, always a good way to start the weekend.

Some SLC action

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:54 am

That looks like a lot of fun Mr. Urbas.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:27 am

Having the club over tonight for some fun running and snacks.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge