[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Old friend returns after 25 years.

Old friend returns after 25 years.

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Old friend returns after 25 years.

Postby btaylor » Mon May 15, 2017 8:33 am

The title is deceiving, The old friend is a 1946 Dodge WC pickup. I owned this 25 years ago, and since then, it has sat in a goat pen out in the weather. That owner refused to sell at any price, claiming he was going to restore it someday. Well, that owner passed away early this year, and the wife wanted the yard cleaned up, So... There I was! my old friend coming back home!. No where near the condition as when I had sold it back then, but still repairable. Those of you that know me, know I have a little side business building replica board track racers of the 1920's. This old friend, will be the transporter for them at all the local shows and swap meets around our area. The old flathead came to life after a few hours of tinkering, and a rebuild of all brakes and fuel system was in order. She is now tagged and insured once again, and is being driven to work on a daily basis for shake down.
Not often we get a second chance on stuff like this, so I am happy as a kid at Christmas to get it back!
Hope you all don't mind me sharing this, I thought it might be of interest to some.
These are what I build and need a hauler for.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Old friend returns after 25 years.

Postby DaFisch » Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 am

That's awesome news...happy you got it back!
DaFisch

Postby Z-carfan » Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 am

Mind??? I love it!! That is so cool you got her back after so long. Thanks for sharing.
Didn't know about the board track racers, that is a neat little side business.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon May 15, 2017 9:16 am

46 of anything is pretty rare since it was the first civilian production year after the end of WWII. My dad had an unrestored bough great condition 46 Plymouth business coupe back in the 70's. He ended up selling it to buy a 80s vintage Mustang which by now am sure has been long crushed and forgotten. I wish I had that Plymouth now.........and I LOVE the motocycles.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon May 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Nice story with pickup and reunion. But I'm even more interested with those replicas. Is there a Web I can take close look at especially Indian?
Regards Dariusz
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 pm

That is AWESOME!
And wow - that looks to be in SOLID shape yet!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Mon May 15, 2017 12:08 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Mon May 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Back on the Job!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Wobble » Mon May 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Brilliant ... truck, bikes, photos ... the lot.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pastor bubba » Mon May 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Beautiful truck and cool racers.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Very Kool!!!!
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon May 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Bob I am extremely happy for you, i know the feeling all to well.
That is one special truck my friend, and the value is betond dollars for you.
Nice collection of board runners too. Had no idea you were into building them.
And now something of equal value to tow them around.
Congrats buddy.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon May 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Very cool BTaylor.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:15 pm

My buddy does the board tracker thing ..I just have my whizzer s and a simplex trike I'm building...I'll find some pics
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 pm

That is great Bob! Awesome truck!
dge467
The King of Foil

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge