TGIF - Race Time

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF - Race Time

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 am

Well it has been one fast and furious week. As most can tell, lot of new reviews lately. Great seeing all the feedback from all of you, there are some nice models out there and it's fun to test drive them and share it as always.

But that means time is precious. Not a minute left to spare for any building which is maddening :) I have these cars just begging to finish AND to get started on...maybe I will play hooky from the work and just heat up the iron? :)

Cold days ahead around here with storm damage to many areas around us. Nothing worse than seeing folks without power or their entire home taken away by the forces of nature. Hope all of you are safe and stay that way.

The General is cooking up a big ol' pot of her famous colon-cleansing chili and I'll open the doors to the Skunkworks tomorrow. Most I know locally are too busy to stop by, and the weather might stop those that are not. BUT what the heck :)

Have a safe and fun weekend!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Race Time

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:20 am

I might get a little racing in myself this weekend. I know we don't complain on this board, but I have to vent somewhere! I am just worn out from all the soldering, painting, decaling, and tire truing, and who knows what else! My back hurts from being at the slot bench so long at a time. Seams all I can smell right now is paint fumes! I'm out of dremel cut off discs, Need more super glue too. My second tire order hasn't come in yet this week, maybe tomorrow with the other model kits? Brass is getting dangerously low.
And then there's that distraction of having to stop and post pictures of all this stuff! :violin:
I hope for all your sakes, you don't have this same dilemma, but if you do, just try and get through it as best you can, and have a great weekend!
(This post might be just to get under somebody's skin a little bit) :roll:

Just been banned Bob.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Bob, you are fast becoming the comedian of this group. We're having a ball looking at the pictures and your fast work on the cars... so suffer, b**ch!! Keep working!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:05 pm

:laughing-rolling:
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 pm

The poor guy. Lets see...umm, NO don't feel a thing Bob!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm

I can feel the love!! Lets see now...40 coupe or sedan next? Hmmmm..theres that slant back over there.......oh bother.....
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Oh well, good to see you having some fun.

We will live through you...for now :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Josh S » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:46 pm

I am certainly glad this week is coming to an end. Work has been crazy all week, definitely the busiest week of the year so far. I am looking forward to some racing tonight!
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Busy week here too. Very cold, minus 20 already at 730pm and getring colder overnight.
Grandson sitting last 3 days as he too is sick, just rips my heart out to see him feeling bad. I took the Carrera Go with me but didnt even get it out for him , thats sick.
Hoping to get some slot time in this weekend, doing scenery on the track, and still building cabinets. But have a buddy dropping over on Su day to put so,e laps on the new track. That will be fun.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:39 pm

sorry to hear that, Bob.
dumb weather over here- 50's during the week, then today it snowed on and off all day and now it's supposed to be like 10°F out all weekend. (but at least we have AWD Bimmers to drive!)
I gotta change the hedgehog on my E46, then I thought that I might start unburying my 32 test track.
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Been building a bit, had a house guest for a couple of weeks, but finally getting the stepdaughter moved into her own apt.
Grand kids visiting for the weekend. I've been building, when I can to put something on the FOR SALE board.
They'll be some brand new mods. Didn't realize it would take so long. Don't want to sell anything unless its' perfect. :roll:
woulda' liked to have made a visit to the Skunkworks, but just too much on my plate right now............. :|
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

TGIF - Race Time

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:38 am

FINALLY! In the new house, albeit it looks like a work zone.

After doing a spectacular job on cleaning and preparing the old house for the new owner to move into, the previous owner of this house chose to not get out on time, leave me a garage bay full of crap, and neglect to do any cleaning when he finally got out. Of course, he hadn't cleaned since he purchased the house in 2004, so not a surprise there.

We have the bathrooms clean, the kitchen clean, and new carpeting installed. I have pretty bad allergies so I ended up filling my shop vac twice while vacuuming each room after the carpet and pad were removed. Everything is moved in and we've got the bedrooms, etc. functional. Finally was able to get the crap out of the garage to the dump today after 3 full loads - only to have the main garage door opener break. Sigh.

I did finally make it down to the dungeon and get my cars unpacked though! Everyone made it through the move unscathed.

Here's why :)

On to the rest of the house and planning a new track!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Drewbert34 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 am

Very nice cabinet!

I fought a John Deere riding mower the majority of the weekend.

The carburetor was apparently assembled in haste which jacked up an o-ring at the fuel inlet to the carb. A new carb ordered (just in case) a trip to find replacement o-rings and a tube of silicone later, I had my fingers crossed that Sunday w/b now time!

Sunday, I assembled the carb to the engine and realized a second problem. Somehow, the choke linkage was bent and I bet it had been that way since I bought it (2nd owner). After fiddling with that to get it straight and freed up, the mower ran better than it has since I bought it!...which is good news being as i rebuilt the hydrostatic transmission 2 years ago (wrong oil was used but all parts spared).

I told you all that to tell you this:

It was Sunday night before i could shake down my Scaley Sam Posey Dodge Challenger w/Carson chip. Slot.it gears / axle / bushings, CB Design wheels / Paul Gage tires in route from.Slot Car Corner :)

Took me darn near all weekend...lol

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 am

David,
So you took your cars out and put them in that beautiful cabinet. What we want to know is what is that new track going to look like?
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge