At what age do you start

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: At what age do you start

Postby oldtymer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 pm

My grandson started at 20 months .I am in trouble though because now when he comes over for a visit he walks right pass Grandma and and stands by the basement door ....lol.I now have a racing partner for life .

Fred
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby burad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 pm

If you don't start them before they get hooked on Minecraft and tablet based games, you'll never get them.
burad

Postby RazorJon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:45 am

I started hitting the hobby shops racing with my brother-in-law around 1970 I was about 5 got my own HO set a few years later

Stared my twin girls when they were 7, they are 16 now but still race with the old man from time to time
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ecr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 am

Having my grand kids enjoy my hobby as I did as a youngster has been very wholesome for me. Having a racetrack in Papa's basement gives the kids a chance to do something different besides electronic devices.I think they really enjoy the hands on that slotcar racing provides.I have a cheaper set of controllers for the young ones and a power supply that can be turned down on each lane so the time on the track is not spent deslotting. I ran eldon from about 6-16 years old, It's been 45 years,and hard to even contemplate that this much time has gone by.
I'm pleased to see this hobby is still providing good quality enjoyment and is a reason to bring family's together!
ecr :character-oldtimer:
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:22 am

My one complaint about running a digital track is the inherent dead spots on the lane changers. Without fail it seems as if my 2 year old Granddaughter will find them 9 times out of 10!!!! So she has Grampy scampering around nudging her car for her a lot.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge